Menu

Was I the only one crying

That was really tough to get through. I cannot believe that she was able to do that. If it had been me I would have walked off of the ice when everyone began cheering. Her father looked devastated.

I think the crowd helped her. That's what started me crying in the first place, that she stepped out and the crowd was there for her and supporting her with their cheers. She'd reached out by staying in the competition and the crown responded by filling the arena with goodwill and energy. Honestly, it seemed like she was getting the world's biggest hug throughout that performance. :)

Regardless, she was fantastic and I'm awestruck by the way she handled herself. As a Canadian and a mother, I'm immensely proud of her.

I teared up, she did great despite the tragedy, her mother would have been so proud.

I was thinking the same thing. I wish her mom had been there to see it. :crying:

I think the crowd helped her. That's what started me crying in the first place, that she stepped out and the crowd was there for her and supporting her with their cheers. She'd reached out by staying in the competition and the crown responded by filling the arena with goodwill and energy. Honestly, it seemed like she was getting the world's biggest hug throughout that performance. :)

I LOVE how you put that Dawn. Like the world's biggest hug. It did seem like that. That poor poor girl. My heart just aches for her and her father. I hope that her knowing how many people are pulling for her and cheering for her gives her some comfort in her grief. Poor thing. :crying: :sad: