Menu

Midwest convention schedule posted today!!

I can not tell you how JEALOUS I am of those who can go! I start a new job Monday and my regular work schedule (after my 2 weeks of training) is Th-F-S! I get vacation days, but don't want to ask for them this soon after being hired.

jealousjealousjealousjealousjealousjealousjealousjealousjealousjealousjealousjealous

I'm not going to that convention, but we're going to ours in MN. I just have a question for those who want to be in more than one session at once. Don't they have cd's to buy of the different sessions? Just curious.

They do, but once you've paid for registration, lodging, gas, and food just to be there, it is hard to spend more $$ on CDs. So I am careful to pick and choose. This year, I will be sending the 14 yo to some sessions with a notepad, and dh and I split up, so I do sort of get to split myself in two or three. :001_smile:

I'm not going to that convention, but we're going to ours in MN. I just have a question for those who want to be in more than one session at once. Don't they have cd's to buy of the different sessions? Just curious.

I don't know--I've never been to a hs conference before, but I don't want to spend more money than what I've already spent on the convention, plus whatever I might buy in curriculum. If I can't go to a session (or dh, since he's coming with me), there's always another year. I'm going to have to narrow my choices down to what is most pertinent to me now, with pre-K and K students.

Had to mention...while perusing the schedule and the descriptions of the sessions, I've made two reading errors. One was in the 8pm-9pm session on Thursday, Dr. Jonathan Pennington's "When You Feel Like Quitting"--I read it as "When You Feel Like Quilting." :lol: Did a double take there.

The other was in the description of Karen (Spunky) Braun's "iHelp for the eHome"--partway through the paragraph it says "With candor and humor, veteran homeschooler and blogger,..." and I read it as "With candy and humor..." and thought, I need to go to that one! Candy! :D

Had to mention...while perusing the schedule and the descriptions of the sessions, I've made two reading errors. One was in the 8pm-9pm session on Thursday, Dr. Jonathan Pennington's "When You Feel Like Quitting"--I read it as "When You Feel Like Quilting." :lol: Did a double take there.

Have you seen him speak before? He is an awesome, Godly speaker, but the thought of him teaching quilting? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Have you seen him speak before? He is an awesome, Godly speaker, but the thought of him teaching quilting? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

No, I've never heard of him.

Gee, I'm tired of homeschooling. I feel like quilting. :lol:

I'm having such a hard time not laughing out loud. Dh is sitting across from me at the table. He'd think I'm nuts.