Menu

Any other Fringe fans out there? BLAH - Off until April 1st!

Last night's final scene was so sad. I almost cried* when Olivia saw Peter "shimmering"; he looked so happy that they were actually going out, and she looked heartbroken. And then when his Dad, Walter (who is just so poignant sometimes) said, "please don't tell him." Wahhhhh!

I don't want to wait until April 1st...but at least there's Lost in the meantime. That J.J. Abrams...he's got us tied in knots from all sides. If it isn't waiting for Lost to come back on, it's waiting for Fringe.

*Only PMS could cause a woman to get emotional watching Fringe. :lol:

Yes, the shimmering part had me a touch sad. How is Olivia going to want to get involved with someone from an alternate universe? :confused: I wonder if Walter sees him that way?

Then I had to laugh, because shimmering is very close to *sparkly*, as in sparkly vampires.

Walter Bishop has to be one of the BEST characters on television. I simply love him.

I am a Fringe fanatic. I absolutely love Walter. While I no where near his level of genius, I can relate to his mental state. I saw the Peter thing coming halfway through the show and let out an, "Oh no!" which had my family wondering what the heck I was thinking because there was no obvious reason for it when I did it. Yes, it was heartbreaking. I sincerely hope that it does not affect her feeling towards him as I really like him as well.

Have you been watching this all along? If so I have a question. About five episodes ago (after Agent Francis was dead) he appeared in an episode as if he had been there all along with no explanation what-so-ever and then he hasn't shown up again. I thought I must of missed something so I went back and watched several previous episodes but there was nothing. I am wondering if that episode was simply played out of sequence and actually happened before he was taken over.

Have you been watching this all along? If so I have a question. About five episodes ago (after Agent Francis was dead) he appeared in an episode as if he had been there all along with no explanation what-so-ever and then he hasn't shown up again. I thought I must of missed something so I went back and watched several previous episodes but there was nothing. I am wondering if that episode was simply played out of sequence and actually happened before he was taken over.

Actually, you didn't miss anything (I have watched all along...). According to the TV Guide website, Fox needed a filler show, and this particular episode was never supposed to be aired as it wasn't deemed good enough (compared to what, I don't know!). My dh actually liked this episode a lot...I thought it was kind of "meh". BUT as we know from Lost (same producers and writers), EVERYTHING has a meaning. So taking it at face value, it was a "bonus" stand-alone episode that was supposed to be aired last year (or perhaps even older?) pre-Francis death. BUT...you never know, huh?

I did miss the Nazi episode last week...I was at a haircut. I haven't watched it yet online, and hope to do so this weekend.

Edited by BikeBookBread

I am wondering if that episode was simply played out of sequence and actually happened before he was taken over.

Yes, it was a season 1 episode that was never before aired. A pretty dumb move for a show that has plot deveolpment in every episode.

No, you didn't miss anything. It had hubby & I confused too!

I have just meaning last 3 weeks just got into this show. Anyone wanna recap or send me to s site that can maybe help me make sense of it LOL. I also saw an episode a bit back where the father states I can't lose him again so now I am guessing that was what this Peter from another universe means??

Here's a comprehensive site: http://www.fringetelevision.com/

Recap? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: That's like trying to explain Lost or Alias to someone! I know lots (if not all) episodes are available for free on the Fox website.

Yes, Peter is from the AU (alternate universe)...the "this side" Peter died as a child (circumstances??? there's been hinting of drowning or being saved from drowning and the "Observer" somehow saving him; he may have died from a very rare incurable disease), and somehow, Walter brought AU Peter to this side from the AU, hence the shimmering. Olivia can see this because she was a a test-subject of Walter's as a child - she was shot with "cortexiphan" (spelling!?!) to enhance certain psychic abilities. We learned last night that as a child, she was a "fire starter", but has other capabilities as well. For a while, she could "hear and see" the memories of her dead (but artificially alive :confused:) former FBI partner and boyfriend (fiance?), and found out he was not a good guy, and that she had been used by him. Her former partner was being kept physically alive by "Massive Dynamic" a shady scientific corporation with lots of power and government influence. They also have access to a portal to the AU; founder of MD, (Leonard Nimoy in a brilliant casting decision!) is William Bell, former scientific partner and friend of Walter's, escaped to the AU. Peter has some shady business relationships from his pre-FBI involvement, and from time to time calls upon these contacts in their investigations. For a long time he was estranged from his father. Why he calls him "Walter" instead of Dad is a mystery. Oh, and Walter was in an insane asylum for a couple of decades, after he kind of went crazy (helped along) after a terrible lab accident. Peter was named Walter's guardian, and is very loyal to him now. Oh, there's also this bald albino guy who wears a hat and black suit who likes really spicy food that is in EVERY episode somewhere (kind of like Alfred Hitchcock in his movies) called "The Observer". The FBI has been tracing him for decades...he's caught on camera every time one of these weird events takes place. He has a personal tie to Walter.

Edited by BikeBookBread
more random thoughts...

I have just meaning last 3 weeks just got into this show. Anyone wanna recap or send me to s site that can maybe help me make sense of it LOL. I also saw an episode a bit back where the father states I can't lose him again so now I am guessing that was what this Peter from another universe means??

The first season is available on disc and you can catch about the last five episodes on-line.

"PETER!! Open my bag NOW! Bring me those PRETZELS!" (or something like that...)

Isn't Walter awesome? He makes me smile the minute he comes on screen.

I have taken to watching Fringe with paper and pen close by. Walter always says something that I have to write down to remember. One of my favorites is, "Please allow me a moment to entertain my fantasies, they often lead to truth."

I've been so frustrated... I watched the whole first season and half in like one week during the holidays! Loved it, could not get enough. Then had to wait till they re-started. First few were... BORING, filler, off the story line. Finally, last night, a great episode, then off again till April! Wahhhhhhhhhhh...

Most likely that means this show is toast. I could see it as just a 2 season show, if they had kept up the same pace and intensity as the first season, but it seems like they are floundering. Such a shame to have such a good show (wonderful writing/characters, and not have enough viewers to keep it going, as it should. I just hope I'm wrong.

Oh, and Walter is hot! Peter isn't bad either. Shoot, they could just have a show with those two, and I would watch. Also, my future SIL looks exactly like Olivia. It's scary, maybe she is the other Olivia? :lol:

Oh, and Walter is hot! Peter isn't bad either. Shoot, they could just have a show with those two, and I would watch. Also, my future SIL looks exactly like Olivia. It's scary, maybe she is the other Olivia? :lol:

Does your sister shimmer? :D

Yeah, I like Peter, too, just cause he's so caring of his Dad. And Olivia deserves a bit of happiness in her life, too.

I don't think the show is doomed...yet...keep watching it! But according to tvbythenumbers which monitors ratings and predicts renew/cancellation, it's in danger, but not doomed. I also just found this little bit of good news from the FOX website.

Edited by BikeBookBread

Does your sister shimmer? :D

Yeah, I like Peter, too, just cause he's so caring of his Dad. And Olivia deserves a bit of happiness in her life, too.

I don't think the show is doomed...yet...keep watching it! But according to tvbythenumbers which monitors ratings and predicts renew/cancellation, it's in danger, but not doomed. I also just found this little bit of good news from the FOX website.

Perhaps if Walter wants to hook me up, I just might be able to see if she does! :lol:

I hope you are right about the show, or at least another network picks it up, if Fox dumps it.

Favorite Walter quotes:

"There was something important. . . Oh! I've decided on the pancakes. Blueberry."

"Once you are given the order to put on the headphones, do not remove them under any circumstances. If you do, you may die a gruesome and horrible death. Thank you for your attention and have a nice day."

"Its funny. I love custard, but I hate flan. Which could be an issue of semantics. Or difficulty with the French. Which I doubt, given my near obsession with moules a la creme normande."

There was one about apple fritters I loved, too, but I couldn't find it. His food cravings are always good for a laugh.

Thanks to: http://www.tvfanatic.com/quotes/characters/walter-bishop/page_4.html and http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0106629/quotes