Menu

Yes, I am actually up before 5 am on a Saturday..... Wish my Boy well.

Today is the State Speech and Debate Tournament. Ds took fourth in State in his event (humorous interpretation) last year, and is aiming for first this year, but the competition is much tougher this year (because they all watched him last year, lol). Wish the Boy luck, and me patience, as I sit and watch the kids do the same piece over and over and over; and throw snacks at them, and keep them from bouncing balls in the cafeteria like they were 4 again. Actually, I am the one team mom that drives kids, and stays to support them, so they do love me, and I love them, but my back/neck have been painful all week, so say a little prayer for strength for me.

We won't be home till after midnight :ack2: so I will check in tomorrow. Now to go pack up a few art supplies and a book to keep me from boredom between rounds!

:grouphug: to all,

LB

Well, the Boy took 3rd! He took 1st, 1st, and then 2nd in his 3 rounds, then took 3rd in finals! Woot! Woot!:party:

Other amazing things for today:

I am very proud of all our kids- In addition to my Boy's 3rd place in H.I., we had a first in state for dramatic interp., and 3 finalists in H.I., as well as one in duo. 6 out of 7 of our kids went to finals. :hurray:

I stretched myself and judged a humorous interp round, and a duo round- my first time judging. A bit stressful, but good to learn a new skill. His coach has been wanting me to judge for 2 yrs and I am glad I finally gave in. :tongue_smilie:

I have to acknowledge my Fine Young Man here- I was sort of grumbling inwardly to myself that I thought he should have at least gotten second place, and was not feeling very gracious about the girl who took first place. I asked Boy what he thought about taking third, and he said he was so glad that the girl got first, as she is a senior and has really worked hard to improve her piece. He was so gracious it made me get off it fast and realize that he was right- she has really come far since the beginning of the year, and her piece really was very good. Is he not a Fine Young Man? He is actually capable of thinking of someone other than himself! He does listen, and I am not a lousy mother.:001_rolleyes:

He came home and even though he has been up nearly 21 hours straight, he took the time to fill all our Easter Baskets (I am getting Cadbury eggs, jellybellies, and a tube of bright red acrylic paint, lol.)

I drove a total of 4 kids today, and one of them confided in me, and asked my if I would be her "mother figure". She and her brother lost her mother to suicide when they were 10 and 12, and their dad is, well, tough. She has asked if she can come over and play in the studio with me. It made me feel good that I could be of service to her by simply listening.:001_wub:

All in all, a good day, but I am pooped. I think I may attend the church of the warm flannel sheets in the morning- I know it is Easter, but I am so tuckered!

Thanks for reading, and letting me brag on my Boy, and all my S & D kids and their coach- now we all get a break until it is time to start preparing for Nationals in June.

Happy Easter!