Menu

Do you supplement CLE LA??

diaperjoys

We supplement spelling with BJU Spelling, but we probably didn't need to. The word lists in CLE 200 didn't make much sense to me. Towards the end, they started to flow better.

I think the 2nd grade series is very, very solid on its own.

We JUST started CLE LA 100 yesterday and I was wondering the same thing. :confused: I have WWE but have not used it as of yet. I usually have my DD do copywork from a key idea in our HOD bible lessons and draw a picture depicting it. She also does narrations from our HOD storytime. "If" I decide to use the WWE, I'll definitely drop the other but I really think she does need one of them.

We just started CLE LA this semester. I LOVE it, BTW! Looking at the 2nd grade LA scope and sequence, creative writing is listed in every light unit. Some of the specifics listed include an oral book report, finishing a story, writing a paragraph, writing a thank you note, and writing a friendly letter. I feel that is enough for 2nd grade, but if I find he is needs more or wants more, I have some writing resources here at home to pull ideas from.

I'm considering this question, too. We're currently doing CLE 100 and additional copywork (WWE or Pentime 3); for at this level, CLE doesn't include enough copywork for us.

If we use CLE next year, I plan on adding the programs listed in my sig. for more copywork, dictation, and spelling reinforcement. I am still considering R & S, or other grammar programs instead of CLE.

(My other qualm is the type of diacritical marks used. In IPA, we always use the schwa as an UNaccented syllable, not just any old "short u" sound. I know, I know; other programs use the schwa for all "short u" sounds, but this is contrary to what I was taught in school and in college. This isn't necessarily a deal-breaker, though, as I do like the program otherwise.)