Menu

what's on your menu for lunches?

I do not like lunch time. :glare: I'm satisfied with a cup of yogurt or a cheese stick. But my kids really do need something more substantial to get them through the day.

We're bored with the usual PB&J, home made mac & cheese, tom soup with grilled cheese, etc.

Any other ideas? Just list what you're serving!!!

I'm into bulk cooking so if you have suggestions for that, please let me know! I freezer cook for dinner but I can't seem to get it to transfer for lunches. We never really have left overs at dinner time since I portion freezer meals to suit our family size.

Here is this week's lunch menu:

Mon: BLTs & veggies/dip

Tues: Homemade pizza (we have this weekly and it is our fav. Homemade pizza crust topped with pesto, sliced tomatoes, fresh spinach, jalapenos & cheese)

Wed.: fish sticks/mac & cheese/fruit

Thurs: Veggie burgers/veggies dipped in ranch

Friday: turkey & cheese sandwiches/fruit & yogurt

Some other things we do:

*Chicken biscuits: Tyson chicken patties cut in half and placed on a honey biscuit with honey mustard on the chicken (These are so good!!)

*Grilled Cheese & tomato basil soup...we often do the grilled cheese on some type of special bread or I make it homemade

*Tuna melts on homemade bread

*quesadillas

We're not very imaginative when it comes to lunch:

I always serve a small fruit plate, with two or three different selections, and I make a point of serving a vegetable, usually something which requires minimal cooking, such as frozen peas or just cold roasted veggies from the previous night. Depending on what else is served, I'll also add a slice of whole grain bread with fruit spread. If there are olives, a few olives as well.

1/2 whole grain bagel

bean & cheese burrito

scrambled eggs or hardboiled eggs, sometimes an omelet

quesadillas

cheese and crackers, sometimes with a bit of good quality salami

rolled up turkey slices.... we call them "turkey tubes"

pb&j, pb on toast (or other nut butter... we love cashew-mac)

yogurt

mini sausages (they love the Applegate and Beelers ones)

We almost always have some kind of sandwich: pb&j, turkey & cheese, ham & cheese, tuna, grilled cheese, tuna melts, BLT, subway style (where we make homemade bread and pull out more than just the meat and cheese).

When time and ingredients are avilable, we might have: ramen, soup, leftovers, fish sticks & fries, chicken nuggets & fries, pizza, mac & cheese, bean & cheese burritos.

Here is this week's lunch menu:

Mon: BLTs & veggies/dip

Tues: Homemade pizza (we have this weekly and it is our fav. Homemade pizza crust topped with pesto, sliced tomatoes, fresh spinach, jalapenos & cheese)

Wed.: fish sticks/mac & cheese/fruit

Thurs: Veggie burgers/veggies dipped in ranch

Friday: turkey & cheese sandwiches/fruit & yogurt

Some other things we do:

*Chicken biscuits: Tyson chicken patties cut in half and placed on a honey biscuit with honey mustard on the chicken (These are so good!!)

*Grilled Cheese & tomato basil soup...we often do the grilled cheese on some type of special bread or I make it homemade

*Tuna melts on homemade bread

*quesadillas

Love your lunch menu! We're coming to your house for lunch! :lol:

TFS! I can't wait to try the Chicken bisquits. How do you make a honey biscuit?

We always have at least one serving of fruit or veg, and often two, with one of the following lunch options:

Leftovers (my favorite.....I cook more than we need of most meals so I can use the leftovers for lunch the next day)

PB&J, yogurt

Cheddar cheese sandwiches or grilled cheddar cheese sandwiches

Cheese, chicken & cheese, or black bean & cheese quesadillas (served with salsa & sour cream)

BLTs

Tuna sandwiches

Dirty rice

Paninis (I love proscuitto, manchego cheese, & roasted red pepper paninis, but they are $$ so are a special treat)

Salads with some form of protein (cheese, chicken, beef with taco seasonings)