Menu

Moving our horse..could use prayer

We're moving our horse from a private barn to a bigger boarding barn. The lady who owns the private barn is becoming more and more unreasonable (won't let me put a stall guard up to try to stop my horse's weaving) and she is so incredibly moody, so much that we always have to ask ourselves "what kind of mood is "Susie Q" going to be in today. We clean stalls to help with the board payment and the new place is much more expensive but we have to find a way to do it. I know people have alot on their minds these days but I guess I'm just the kind of person that if I'm having a bad day, I try to keep it from others especially when they aren't the cause of the problem. I have a very hard time with moody people. Anyway, I have to tell this woman we are leaving...hopefully sooner than later...and while i'm thinking she doesn't care if we go or stay, I just don't like having these kinds of conversations. So for those of you who pray could you please pray for an easy transition for us and the horse?

Thank you.

:grouphug:

We did this last summer. I was very worried about the increase in expense, we went from a backyard amateur barn to a professional, show preparation type stable. I am very glad we did, the improved care and quality of the training and riding experience has been well worth it.

I was aware we needed to change the situation but kept putting it off until the old barn was a complete disaster.:ack2: I am thankful now that we did not do any permanent damage to the horse and that my daughter was able to regain her enthusiasm.

I understand how stressful it can be and I am sending you (and the horse) good wishes and prayers.

Because this lovely animal does not get on a trailer easily, I have to pay $110 to go 5 miles! Oh well, it could be worse and DeniseinFlorida, thank you for the encouragement as your situation sounds very much like ours except that we're not moving to a big show barn. Thankfully though my daughter's trainer will be able to start teaching her again and that is so important to us. Show season is coming up and we need to be good and ready!

Hello ~

Confrontation is never easy -- have you ever asked the woman if something was troubling her? Often times nasty people are just hurting people trying to protect themselves. I'm not a psych; just life experience. Just wondering what might happen if you reach out to her; perhaps her attitutide would improve and you could stay put.

Just a thought . . . best wishes,

Dina :grouphug:

Did you make the move?

If I was closer, I would trailer her in my big stock trailer for a LOT less than $110 for 5 miles. If you haven't moved yet, can you check with someone else for a price? I would say $50 would be very generous if the person was close to you and the horse only had to go 5 miles.

You mention your horse weaves. Have you considered having her stay OUTSIDE as much as possible? We are in Michigan so we have COLD and SNOW but our horses are out almost 24/7. They have a big run in shelter and a 10x20 stall that opens up but they would much prefer to be OUTSIDE. Even in the blizzard a few weeks ago, they were OUT with lots of hay and the shelter.

Pasture board is often a lot cheaper as well.