Menu

uses for fresh frozen cranberries...

Guest Virginia Dawn

Guest Virginia Dawn

besides quick breads, muffins, and cranberry sauce?

I just picked up a bunch of bags of cranberries at a dollar a bag and need some more ideas.

Thanks

Merry Cranberry Freeze

1 bag cranberries, finely chopped

1 ½ cups sugar

1 8 ¼ oz can crushed pineapple, undrained

½ cup chopped walnuts

1 8-oz. pkg cream cheese, softened

2 cups thawed Cool Whip

Mix together cranberries, sugar, pineapple, and walnuts.

Gradually add to cream cheese, mixing until well blended.

Fold in whipped topping. Pour into 1 ½ quart bowl or lightly oiled 6 ½ cup ring mold; freeze until firm. 10-12 servings.

I freeze in individual portions in muffin tins, then pop them out and put in freezer bag to enjoy whenever I want! They are fairly tart and make a great snacky alternative to ice cream. I got 18 individual servings.

I bought a TON of these things last year and still have some left. The good thing is that they will last for at least a year and a half inthe freezer!!! I make a cranberry relish which is just a bag of frozen cranberries chopped in the processor, 1/4-1/2 c sugar, and 2 oranges~sectioned, or 1/2-1 can crushed pineapple~drained. YUM! I also use them in smoothies and they are really good!!!

Cranberry Crumble

3 Cups unpeeled cut apples

2 Cups Whole Raw Cranberries

1 1/2 Cups Sugar (I usually use less)

Mix and put in greased casserole dish (9x13 )

Topping:

1/2 Cup Brown Sugar 1 1/2 Cups Quaker Oats

1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour 3/4 tsp. Salt

1 stick melted butter 1 1/2 Cups Chopped Pecans

Mix topping. Spread over top of apple cranberry mixture. Bake 1 hour at 350.

This is good leftover. I also sometimes double the oatmeal and don't use the nuts for my picky children.

Enjoy!

Leanna

I just bought a bag of frozen cranberries, boiling them in 6? c. water until they popped, strained out the juice and mixed it 1:7 with water to make cranberry water. I just read this in Ann Louise Gittelman's Fat Flush book, I think I got the title last week on the flush-your-body thread here on the boards.... It tastes pleasant.

I just bought a bag of frozen cranberries, boiling them in 6? c. water until they popped, strained out the juice and mixed it 1:7 with water to make cranberry water. I just read this in Ann Louise Gittelman's Fat Flush book, I think I got the title last week on the flush-your-body thread here on the boards.... It tastes pleasant.

My 11 yo will simply put some of her frozen cranberries into her water cup and play with them to make a cranberry water. Not that she's doing exactly the same thing, but reading this made me smile thinking of that. Not that I encourage it, because she likes to make many kinds of flavoured water with her foods and we're trying to teach our dc proper table manners.:tongue_smilie: