Menu

Motivated Moms--which format do you like best?

I want to order Motivated Moms from http://www.motivatedmoms.com but can't decide what format would be best for me.

Any likes/dislikes?

Those of you that have this---does it really help keep you motivated? I really don't like doing housework and with 3 special needs kids, there is always something else to do but one goal for this year is to keep up on the housework a bit better.

I did one week per page. I keep the whole stack in a kitchen drawer and just put a new week up on Saturday night. It lives on my fridge so the kids can check off things as well.

:iagree:

I also use color highlighters to say who has to do what..

I wanted the day page for appointments but I really need a week at a glance so I don't over book myself.

I like the half page week per page one, but the printing is pretty small. That's ok for me but if you have any sight problems you would probably want the full page one.

I just wish it was editable, so I could take off things that we don't do like

"water indoor plant" Well I don't have any because we've moved so much over the years and cross country movers don't do plants LOL

Sure I could just cross it out but then that makes it messy and clashes with my box checker personality. :tongue_smilie:

I have a tip. A suggestion based on how I used it. (I need a new one, but need to wait for the funds).

I gave each chore a number and gave each kid, according to age and schedule for that day, a target number. They then chose which chores they were going to do based on hitting the target number. They could do 2 big jobs or 5 little ones; I didn't care.

Each kid had their own highlighter color and hightlighted their choices.

It was a great system.

I have to say that our chores went best when I took the chores from the MM calendar and divided all chores between my three girls. There are always times when Mom ends up doing extra chores.... and so I didn't feel bad about it. I then put them on chore charts and had the girls do either week one or week two... (At that time, I was dividing all the "big chores" into 2 week segments as the older girls were with us 2 weeks on...two weeks off) On the two weeks that they weren't here... of course I was doing any chores that still had to be done...etc.

:-)

PS... I just put whatever from the sheets that I wanted to record.... on my calendar.