Menu

I'm tired of living in a snowglobe

It is still snowing. It snowed yesterday and the day before and... We don't get a large storm and then nothing. We get flurries that don't end. I have cleared off our above ground pool about 10 times in the past few days. We have cleared my son's wheelchair ramp about 20 times. He's not going out but it needs to be cleared for emergencies. We have cleared the front steps and sidewalks more times then I can count. I don't like snow but my kids love it. That's fine. I'll deal with it. It's pretty. But can we get a short reprieve--please?

I need to win the powerball so we can move south. Of course, I need to play the lottery first.

It is still snowing. It snowed yesterday and the day before and... We don't get a large storm and then nothing. We get flurries that don't end. I have cleared off our above ground pool about 10 times in the past few days.

We don't have to clear off our above ground pool this year (technically we never did, but we did pump the water off the cover in the spring when we were ready to open the pool) since we didn't even cover the pool this year. We didn't cover it last year either, and it was amazing how much easier it was. Last spring we started getting our pool ready about a month earlier than in previous years because we were afraid the algae would start growing since there was no cover. Since we got a head start, we were ahead of all the problems we typically encounter when opening the pool. Everything went so well and it was our first year without algae. It helped that that was the year dh found a product that kills the stuff algae feeds on, so instead of killing the algae all summer long, you just remove it's food.

ETA: lots of snow here too, and still snowing!

:iagree: And sympathize with you. It reminds me of the Ground Hog Day movie. It's like I wake up to the same day over and over again...Get up, get dressed, shovel path, watch dh run the snow blower, come in warm up...look outside :blink: repeat...

The snow plow just threw a huge, dirty disgusting mess up my recently cleared drive way.:tongue_smilie:

It is still snowing. It snowed yesterday and the day before and... We don't get a large storm and then nothing. We get flurries that don't end. I have cleared off our above ground pool about 10 times in the past few days. We have cleared my son's wheelchair ramp about 20 times. He's not going out but it needs to be cleared for emergencies. We have cleared the front steps and sidewalks more times then I can count. I don't like snow but my kids love it. That's fine. I'll deal with it. It's pretty. But can we get a short reprieve--please?

I need to win the powerball so we can move south. Of course, I need to play the lottery first.