Menu

Best vacation spots in Mexico?

My favorite spot in Cancun is around Playa Delfines. Crystal clear water, beautiful sand. A few hurricanes have hit since we last went there, so you might want to check with others who have travelled there more recently. I believe it's near the Sheraton but not sure.

If you can, Isla Mujeras makes for a nice day trip.

I'm envious but have fun!

We went to Playa del Carmen last year but we stayed in a timeshare resort, so I don't think it's open to the public (Playacar Palace). It was fun to be "in town" in Playa, but when we go back (not IF) we'll stay farther down the coast in someplace like Tulum. I loved the seclusion there and I have never - ever - seen anything like those beaches and the color of the water.

*sigh* Have fun!!!

Head south of Cancun just over an hour to Tulum. It's truly lovely there, and not nearly as crowded. There are plenty of nifty restaurants in town and the beach is lined with hotels and resorts. The Tulum ruins are well worth a day trip whether you are in Cancun or elsewhere. We also liked Coba, but preferred Tulum. Also near Tulum is the Sian Ka'an Biosphere (nature preserve). We had a guided boat tour--our guide was wonderfully knowledgeable about the plant and animal life, and we also saw an ancient Mayan shrine.

We went to Playa del Carmen last year but we stayed in a timeshare resort, so I don't think it's open to the public (Playacar Palace). It was fun to be "in town" in Playa, but when we go back (not IF) we'll stay farther down the coast in someplace like Tulum. I loved the seclusion there and I have never - ever - seen anything like those beaches and the color of the water.

:iagree:We stayed in Playa for a month two years ago. We loved it. The beaches are great, but they are even better the farther down you go. I loved the whole area, very laid back and beautiful.

Dh and I have been to the Grand Mayan twice now and really like it, but next time we go we will stay right in the town. The Grand Mayan is about fifteen miles from town. We traveled into town every day and took one day trip to Tulum. We also went to Coba, Xel-Ha, Akumal, and also went on a catamaran. We love the whole area and plan to go again.

I dont know about Cancun, but the quietest, not as many tourists, is Ixtapa.

We stayed at the Westin,its right on the beach tucked in a cove. It was heaven. Just read books and have drinks delivered.

That's it! That's EXACTLY what we're looking for!

It's true that it's entirely out of my character to say that I don't care about all that native history stuff, but right now, dh and I really just need some peace.

Thank you! We'll check that out.