Menu

Any Wii world record holders out there? (Brag alert!)

Our wii is not connected to the internet.

Other than the records, is there another good reason why it should be connected?

I'm curious....

Ours *is* connected to the internet, but that is not how we registered DS11's record. We had to register at that site and send a photograph of the TV screen. He's pretty excited to (hopefully) be seeing himself there soon!

We've used the internet on the Wii for News and Weather, community web browsing (like YouTube videos) and also to download WiiWare. Many old Nintendo games, such as Pac-Man, are there plus some excellent new games, like World of Goo. Finally, you can update the Wii over the internet, though I'm not sure any of the updates have really been to our benefit. The Wii is one piece of electronics that works amazingly well without any updates!

I have connected Wii via wireless connection. I am not sure if/how you would do it with a cord.

I like being able to access internet easily via the TV. I have watched YouTube and I am planning to watch other movie type things on the TV too.

Rhythm Kung Fu, eh? I look good with the pot on my head....

:D That's probably what I would get! I haven't tried Rhythm Kung-Fu, yet, but it looks difficult!

He's psyched since he just got the world record for Beginner Rhythm Kung-Fu with a PERFECT SCORE! That one cannot be surpassed. Unfortunately, his other score still hasn't posted, yet. Hopefully soon...

I have connected Wii via wireless connection. I am not sure if/how you would do it with a cord.

I like being able to access internet easily via the TV. I have watched YouTube and I am planning to watch other movie type things on the TV too.

So, if I were to get a wireless router thing, can you access any website through the Wii? You said you could see You Tube. Can you check your email?

So, if I were to get a wireless router thing, can you access any website through the Wii? You said you could see You Tube.
Yes, it has an Opera Browser, so you can go to nearly any location. I guess it handles Flash, since YouTube works.
Can you check your email?
I just tried gmail and that works. It's not a great way to check email, though, since you have to "type" using a WiiMote and the screen resolution is low. (It's NTSC, so it only has 480 lines vertically, IIRC.) But it is decent for YouTube, since that requires a mimimal amount of input and is low resolution anyway. No need to drag out a cable to connect a laptop to the television, since you can do it on the Wii! :thumbup1:

It's not a great way to check email, though, since you have to "type" using a WiiMote and the screen resolution is low.

You could plug in a USB keyboard to help with that.

As for us, we have a 15yo tv, and the screen is definitely not precise enough. I cannot read text at all so when I click on links, I don't see what I'm clicking on! I removed the Internet.

DS11 now has 6 world records for Wii Fit Plus on Wii-Records! Now he's even more motivated to get more! :001_smile: Since I got up this morning, he has achieve three perfect scores in the Body Test category, but those are not yet posted. He's currently trying to conquer Rhythm Parade.

He posts as redrobohood at Wii-Records. He has swept Rhythm Kung Fu with two perfect scores and has also swept Segway Circuit, though those scores can be beaten. He also has one of the perfect scores for Beginner Tilt City.

It's good to see him so motivated by this! :001_smile: