Menu

Am I the only one whose kids use the family furnishings

for wiping their noses????

Sometimes they're very bold about it (when they don't think I'm looking) and will grab the edge of the stuffed chair and just wipe, wipe, wipe away on the chair.

Other times they think they're being sneaky by sort of rolling around on the couch, making sure to wipe the nose as they roll by.

I don't remember reading about this in 'What to Expect when you're Expecting.' Snot-on-the-couch-syndrome is the quiet secret of parents.

ETA: I keep a full box of tissues in every single room. To no avail.

Yep. That and my shirt :glare:. Plus the furniture is oh-so-convenient for wiping hands on, despite the fact I always make sure dd3 has a napkin or towel *right by her*, and I explicitly point it out as I give it to her. Yet she always looks surprised when I yell, "Use the towel!" as she reaches for the nearest upholstery :001_huh:.

I am with you -- ICK!

It is probably time to enhance their snot-wiping experience by immediately handing them a wet rag and cooing..."Oh honey, that's lovely! Now you can scrub the snot off the couch/sofa/table cloth."

My boys once spent an afternoon scrubbing after I discovered their "booger art project" on the wall behind their bunkbed. Iccck!! We did take a picture of it for posterity, though.:tongue_smilie:

My boys once spent an afternoon scrubbing after I discovered their "booger art project" on the wall behind their bunkbed. Iccck!! We did take a picture of it for posterity, though.:tongue_smilie:

:eek: Oh wow....And I thought ds hiding his boogies on my bed was bad. I think if it was some sort of a contest, that would win the Grand Prize. ;)