Menu

Grammar program that using labeling?

papillon

KISS grammar

http://home.pct.edu/~evavra/KISS.htm

The website is difficult to follow but it is a free program, there is a yahoo group if you have questions and there are printable workbooks available (I believe grades 2-4 are ready and grades 5-11 are coming.) Even without the workbooks for the upper grades, the material is all there - it is just more difficult to pull together.

KISS grammar

http://home.pct.edu/~evavra/KISS.htm

The website is difficult to follow but it is a free program, there is a yahoo group if you have questions and there are printable workbooks available (I believe grades 2-4 are ready and grades 5-11 are coming.) Even without the workbooks for the upper grades, the material is all there - it is just more difficult to pull together.

Dd completed the grade 2 and 3 workbooks while she was in grades 3 and 4 and it is working well. I think the grade 2 book in grade 2 would have been too challenging for her.

If you're not looking for a formal program, you might find success with Montessori materials that use little shapes to identify parts of speech and subject/predicate.

Or if you just want to teach or reinforce parts of speech, how about just using mad libs? Though if your kids are anything like mine, be prepared for some serious toilet humor within a minute of doing it without you.