Menu

My oldest's gift is MIA.

My mother, father, and dh and I pitched in a and bought him one gift. That is *all* he is getting.

And that stupid one gift is out for delivery in Staten Island, NY!

:banghead:

I am trying to "chat" with someone at Overstock.com and getting nowhere. The rep tells me that it is in transit to the shipping address I provided them. Uh, no it isn't. So she tells me that she will forward it to their "Invalid Tracking Dept." and I should here from them in 1-2 business days.

:glare:

My guess is that the wrong label was put on the wrong package and someone in NY will be very, very happy today!:eek:

I would call again and demand to speak with a customer service manager. If your package went to the wrong address, Overstock needs to send you a new one immediately so you can be assured that it will get to you in time for Christmas. Also, what if the item goes out of stock between now and a few days from now? You can't afford to take that chance.

I wouldn't sit and wait to see what happens. I would demand to know exactly when your package will be shipped and when it will arrive. And realistically, you'll also be doing some unsuspecting soul in Staten Island a big favor, too, as that person may be waiting for an important last-minute gift, too.

Overstock should be able to cross-check the addresses to see where they went wrong, and to get the right items to the right people.

Also -- be sure to demand a shipping upgrade (FREE) to ensure that your package won't arrive late. You deserve it, as they made an error with your shipment.

Please keep us posted!

Cat

I would call again and demand to speak with a customer service manager. If your package went to the wrong address, Overstock needs to send you a new one immediately so you can be assured that it will get to you in time for Christmas. Also, what if the item goes out of stock between now and a few days from now? You can't afford to take that chance.

I wouldn't sit and wait to see what happens. I would demand to know exactly when your package will be shipped and when it will arrive. And realistically, you'll also be doing some unsuspecting soul in Staten Island a big favor, too, as that person may be waiting for an important last-minute gift, too.

Overstock should be able to cross-check the addresses to see where they went wrong, and to get the right items to the right people.

Also -- be sure to demand a shipping upgrade (FREE) to ensure that your package won't arrive late. You deserve it, as they made an error with your shipment.

Please keep us posted!

Cat

I called and they did exactly what you said here - sent me a replacement with 2-day shipping for free. WHY the person on live chat couldn't have done this when I first reported this I don't know!

He said I will still here from someone in the next couple of days as they try to find it, but he should get his gift!