Menu

affordable Gymnastic leotards?

I went to Target --- there was only one in the right size 10/12 and it was a bike leotard (shorts). We bought it because she got a rip in her only leo yesterday at the gym so she at least has something to wear. But she's mortified because another girl in her class has the same on, and it's a bike leotard which she feels is extremely ugly.

Where can I get a leotard for her that isn't going to be extremely expensive!

Just found a GK suit for my 10 yo dd about a week ago at our consignment store, and have found others before. Maybe we've just been lucky, but it's worth a look if you have thrift/consignment in your area. Also, don't hesitate to bring it up with other Moms in the group. Casually ask the same question you've asked here. Someone might offer you one their dd has outgrown (this assumes, as was not the case in our class, that there are kids who are older/bigger than your dd in the class).

Good luck,

Doran

The Target and Walmart leos are much cheaper, but they don't fit as well or last as long. Dd always had problems with them riding up. I guess that's not much of a problem with the bike short bottom leos, but dd won't wear them. For some reason those are different from the regular leos with tight shorts over them that the older girls wear.:001_huh:

Sometimes the discontinued GK styles will be sold for cheaper. We've found those at our gym and at meets for $18-$25. That doesn't sound cheap, but if you've looked at leos much, you know it is:glare: I've also found a couple at Goodwill. You can't beat that!

Dd had a leo that she outgrew recently. It was probably a 10-12/child's large. If she hasn't given it to one of the other girls at gym yet, I'll let you know and you can have it. I think it's probably gone, though.

eBay, if you aren't in a hurry. Quality leos are expensive, but you can get great bargains. We've also been to a leotard sale--$5-10/leo. I would suggest avoiding Target brand b/c they do not hold up well, IMO.

I just bought two leotards for my girls @$40ea and need at least 2 additional. We just might be bidding against you on eBay this weekend :)

them from Freecyle and seen them at the local consignment shop. I was about to purchase one from that shop when my daughter's coach gave us some used ones they had in the gym that other parents had turned in. I have since given them the ones that we had that are now too small.

Interesting about the bike leo thing. About 1/2 the girls in my daughter's class on the competitive track use the bike style.