Menu

I spilled tea on my laptop

I know how you feel. I've lost 2 lap tops to beverages. The one time, the beverage in question (chocolate milk during first pregnancy) was NOWHERE near the computer. But it apparently flew across the room and landed on the computer, in a large enough quantity to do harm. Really bizarre.

Try the turning it upside down over some light heat idea. It might work for you, but, don't get your hopes up.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Sorry - that really stinks. Same thing happened to mine last week. It works (phor now, but I'm sure corrosion is on the horizon), but my eph key doesn't work at all, so now I'm dancing around trying to substitute words that should have an eph in them phor others and when I can't, I'm doing that really annoying phonics thing.:glare:

Iph it doesn't work at all, I'd dephinitely take the advice above and wait three days bephore starting it - that way you can let it dry out and avoid a possible shock.

Engineer dh says unplug and remove battery from laptop immediately. Allow to dry completely and hope for the best! He dropped his cell phone in the ocean, mine has gone into the toilet (!) and we've had 2 iPods take a dip in the bath, and all were revived with the quick remove-battery-and-dry technique.

Good luck!

I'm sorry!:grouphug:

I did the same thing to mine last week, but luckily it wasn't a total spill. I knocked the mug, and a bunch flew in, but I shook it upside down and kept trying to soak the liquid in between the keys with a paper towel. I would have been in big trouble if mine was dead. I still have a few keys that stick, but otherwise no lasting damage. (I hope)

Good luck!

Well, we did our best with it, so we are going to give it a few days. We've tried canned air and the hairdryer, and dh had it opened up. I'm just kind of lost - I have so much curriculum on there, especially TOG... Time to start loading up the desktop. :glare: I'm so glad I've been faithful with backing up!