Menu

AAS storage

MovingMomma

I'm searching for a plastic box to hold all the cards for AAS, all levels. Does anyone know where I can find a box like this? I've found cardboard boxes & super expensive metal boxes, but I'd really like a plastic one.

Also, does anyone know how deep the box needs to be to hold all the levels?

TIA!

That's one I was looking at. How sturdy is it? Do you think (or know) it will hold all 6 levels?

Here is the one I buy, but it looks to be the same thing. It is very sturdy, but it only holds about one level. I bought one for each of the kids, then have a storage box I keep any not being used in. (Though I keep a set of phonogram cards for each of the kids in there too-not just the new cards.)

Heather

Edited by siloam

I bought this one

The one from Staples is the one I have. It will hold three levels with a little room left over, but will not hold 4 levels. So I bought two. :) It works very well. There is a plastic slider thing that will hold the cards upright when it is not full. This assembly does not remove and is what keeps it from holding 4 levels. But, if you have 4 in there, it would probably be too tight to be functional anyway. I am very happy with my purchase.

If you want one plastic box to hold all 6 levels, you might look at the Sterilite boxes that Walmart & other places carry. I know I had a longer one that held 4 levels...not sure it would have held 6.

I store all phonogram, sound, and key cards, plus the current level, plus anything word cards not mastered from the previous level in one of those flip-top Sterilite containers--they easily hold 2 full levels. I don't store word cards older than that unless they are not mastered (occasionally there's a word with a schwa sound that one of my kids will find tricky). I put the older word cards in a baggie in the closet. Here's a blog with pictures & a description of how I store everything for AAS for my 2 kids. Merry :-)

Guest Alte Veste Academy
Sterilite boxes that Walmart

This is what I use also. I also don't keep everything mastered in the same box but there is a larger Sterilite box where you could probably fit them in side by side. I first used the small box here, then bought the second one in anticipation of needing more space. I will probably buy the larger one and see how the cards fit side by side. You can find these boxes at Wal-Mart in the area where all the plastic storage bins, totes, trash cans, etc. are located.

Also, great post on organization, Merry! :001_smile:

I bought this one
The one from Staples is the one I have. It will hold three levels with a little room left over, but will not hold 4 levels. So I bought two. :) It works very well. There is a plastic slider thing that will hold the cards upright when it is not full. This assembly does not remove and is what keeps it from holding 4 levels. But, if you have 4 in there, it would probably be too tight to be functional anyway. I am very happy with my purchase.

That is the one we have too. We have Levels 1 & 2 together in one box, and 3 & 4 in another box. It works perfectly :)