Menu

Exactly how do you pop corn in a brown lunch bag in the microwave??????

I want to make several batches of carmel corn..and figured to save calories I would microwave it.

How EXACTLY do you do it in the microwave?

brown lunch bags??????? how much corn?

How do you seal the bag so the popcorn is not flying all over????????

Thanks!

I learned to do this overseas where they didn't have "microwave popcorn." It's so much less expensive too!

There is a great microwave caramel to put over it _ SOOOOO good.

(eta recipe!)

Large glass bowl: 10 large marshmallows, 1 stick butter, 3/4 c. brown sugar. DO NOT STIR. Microwave 2 1/2 minutes. Stir, then microwave 30 seconds. Heavenly over popcorn.

Edited by Mamasteff

Yep, super simple...I use about a 1/3 cup of popcorn, set the bag on a plate and pop on the popcorn cycle. And the bag can be used again for the next serving or serve it from the bag.

1/4 cup in a regular brown lunch bag. Thinly fold over the top two or three times. My microwave usually takes less than 2 minutes on high to pop the kernels.

Ooooohhh! Caramel corn! Yum! Enjoy!

That is why my kids generously top them with melted butter and salt here. They've tried many toppings, but salt and butter are our regular.

I really think it needs a bit of oil or butter or something. The popcorn comes out really bland, IMO. I need something more fattening.