Menu

Do you buy from those just visiting?

thowell

I have been looking for Fiar vol1. I posted a thread on the WTB and I received two messages both from people who are just visiting. Would you buy from them. As popular as Fiar is it seems to be hard to find used so I am getting nervous. we wanted to start the first of January. What does the hive think?

Sorry to be a crankly middle-aged woman that way, but I had multiple bad transactions with buying used in 2009, and it took way too much of my time pursuing the refunds. WTB from folks that are starting here may be fine, but it would be more risk than I'd personally take. Last week I had to help my husband with a troublesome eBay purchase, and thankfully we got it resolved to the satisfaction of both sides, but I hate that sort of thing. I personally don't use WTB for that reason.

I have purchased from someone who only had nine post before and it was okay.

My sister doesn't post much, so she can't sell anything but she will ask those on the WTB forum every now and then.

I don't sell at ebay or amazon so if it was me I wouldn't be able to prove anything.

Go with your gut feeling. If you don't feel comfortable than don't purchase.

I purchased from a regular here at WTM forum and she never sent my stuff. Took over two months to get my money back, plus she got upset because I gave her a negative rating and so she gave me one. sigh.

I agree about asking for proof of a reputation somewhere else. I was a newbie here not too long ago and I provided my ebay ID so that potential buyers could check there. Besides ebay and amazon, homeschool classifieds has started doing this, too - you can now check a seller's reputation there.