Menu

Hubby and I started juicing today

My dad had cancer, and to prolong his life he went on the Gerson therapy. He lived 9 years longer than the doctor's predicted, but he still died at a young age of a terrible form of cancer of the nervous system. I've juiced on and off all my life, and just started up again today with my husband as my team mate. We really want to prevent cancer, so we've been jogging and now we're juicing. Little by little I think we're getting back on the right track. It's so easy to get off track isn't it?

My dad had cancer, and to prolong his life he went on the Gerson therapy. He lived 9 years longer than the doctor's predicted, but he still died at a young age of a terrible form of cancer of the nervous system. I've juiced on and off all my life, and just started up again today with my husband as my team mate. We really want to prevent cancer, so we've been jogging and now we're juicing. Little by little I think we're getting back on the right track. It's so easy to get off track isn't it?

Can I bother you for some recipes please?

I made carrot, apple, beet, spinach today. Carrot/Green Apple is the staple of the Gerson Therapy. I also purchased this book to get more ideas: Power Juices, Super Drinks: Quick, Delicious Recipes to Prevent & Reverse Disease by Steve Meyerowitz. It arrives on Monday. So, maybe I'll post more ideas after that if anyone is interested.

Edited by JenniferB

I'm starting out with 1 juice a day in the morning for prevention. I'm also decreasing my red meat/animal proteins to a little at dinner, and going vegetarian for breakfast & lunch. I drink water the rest of the day.

I'm looking into eating more raw foods, but I'm still wondering how to do this. Anyone else want to chime in on that? Does anyone have a vegetarian book recommendation?