Menu

Need a book on Aspergers

I have one more to add that I just came across 2 nights ago:

Quirky, Yes...Hopeless, No

It was just published this August. I read the first 3 chapters and am really impressed. Written to be extremely informative but also very readable. Just in those chapters I found myself shaking my head several times...sometimes just agreeing and sometimes saying, "Oh my yes! This is why he does (insert behavior)." I can't wait to read the whole thing.

• 3 months later...
I have one more to add that I just came across 2 nights ago:

Quirky, Yes...Hopeless, No

It was just published this August. I read the first 3 chapters and am really impressed. Written to be extremely informative but also very readable. Just in those chapters I found myself shaking my head several times...sometimes just agreeing and sometimes saying, "Oh my yes! This is why he does (insert behavior)." I can't wait to read the whole thing.

:iagree:

Hubby and I have just begun to research this as we've noticed 'signs' in our 11yo dd. Oh, the signs have been there for awhile, it's just the parents who were clueless! :tongue_smilie: At any rate, I looked at SEVERAL books tonight at B&N and the book listed above was the most easily read AND informative. We WILL be purchasing this book!

:iagree:

Hubby and I have just begun to research this as we've noticed 'signs' in our 11yo dd. Oh, the signs have been there for awhile, it's just the parents who were clueless! :tongue_smilie: At any rate, I looked at SEVERAL books tonight at B&N and the book listed above was the most easily read AND informative. We WILL be purchasing this book!

That was one of the things that struck me most - readability! It was full of great information presented in a user-friendly way. I really love the Attwood book but this I think will be my second favorite...once I make it all the way through it!

This book was so good I took 3 pages of notes from it. The Keywords to use for CSIT are spot-on. Wished I lived back in Philly so I could take my ds to the authors. http://www.amazon.com/Parenting-Your-Asperger-Child-Individualized/dp/0399530703/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270346457&sr=8-1

That looks very interesting and I added it to my wishlist.

One thing I noticed in a review was that it didn't address how to handle sibling relationships. That is currently one of the toughest things we are handle in our house. Does anyone have a book that would give practical ideas to this aspect of raising Aspies?

Edited by Jennefer@SSA