Menu

Chart for outdoor temperature and what the kids should wear?

somewhere recently I saw a post where mom made up a chart based on outside temperature. it indicated what kind of coat her children were to wear that day and saved a lot of arguments. her kids just checked the thermometer and the chart. does anyone remember that? we're having the same issue.

thanks!

Just remember that everybody doesn't feel the same in the same temperature. When everybody around me is wearing pants and a jacket and standing in the sun, I'm comfortable in shorts and short-sleeves in the shade.

My middle dd and I tend to both feel hot a lot of the time. My oldest always feels cold. My youngest always feels colder than my middle, but warmer than my oldest.

At night, I sleep with the fan on and a single sheet that I am constantly flipping off of me because it's too hot. My dh has 3 blankets on his side of the bed and he's often still cold.

:D

My younger boys have been known to run outside in bare feet and short sleeves with temps as low as 50. I usually (but not always) tell them they must wear shoes, but that tends to result in them coming in and not playing outside.

My dh doesn't help. He tells me it doesn't matter, and lets them do what they feel comfortable with. If it's wet, he will have them put at least their crocs on. He will back me up if he hears me tell them to put on their shoes, but I know he wouldn't care. :tongue_smilie:

:D

My younger boys have been known to run outside in bare feet and short sleeves with temps as low as 50. I usually (but not always) tell them they must wear shoes, but that tends to result in them coming in and not playing outside.

My dh doesn't help. He tells me it doesn't matter, and lets them do what they feel comfortable with. If it's wet, he will have them put at least their crocs on. He will back me up if he hears me tell them to put on their shoes, but I know he wouldn't care. :tongue_smilie:

I agree with your dh. Personally, I like putting the responsibility on the kids to put their hand on a window to check temp or go outside and then decide. I've got enough to do. If they're too cold or hot, they can adjust. (Of course, for really little kids, I would tell them what to wear, but if they're old enough to read a chart, they are old enough to learn to figure it out.)

That lady has way too much time on her hands ;)

:iagree: My boys have been wearing long sleeve shirts and jeans for a week and it is 80 degrees outside. My dd wears shorts until it hits about 65 degrees, but I freeze at 70 degrees so I don't know what a chart would say about that kind of body difference. Cute idea though.