Menu

Anyone seen this new music program?

scrapbabe

Oh, no! Now I feel compelled to research this curriculum as well, it looks very interesting! I have been hesitating between Kinderbach and the Faber's program for my 5 yo, and now this! Arghh! My daughter is asking to start her piano lessons and I can't get to choose what to use; you are making this harder, I sriously think the only way is to get off these boards! :tongue_smilie:

I agree with getting off these boards. It does get difficult with so many choices. But I think I'd still have the problem, even without the boards. I am a diehard researcher - so I leave no stone unturned.

I only wish someone had experience with this music program to help me decide.

Smiles,

Shalynn

This looks great. My daughter has been wanting to take lessons and we have been having a hard time finding a teacher that isn't extremely expensive. This might be a good way to introduce her into piano and get a feel to see if she enjoys it.

I hope someone on here might be able to give some user experience.

Well, me thinks I will take the plunge for just $10.95 a month and see how it goes. Of course I still have to buy the keyboard, but we'd be buying it anyway.

Smiles,

Shalynn

You have my admiration for your courage! I am a terrible shopper because I have a very hard time making my mind up! Will you please report back with your opinion?

• 2 months later...
this is an old thread, but I'd love to hear how it's going for people who decided to take the plunge.

:iagree:

I'd also like to know if there's another keyboard compatible with the software. A 49 key won't cut it for long if your kid has any real interest.

I had one who was in 3rd year books after 6 mos of lessons (It happens).

I haven't taken the plunge yet because I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in the fall and so the boys are going to a private school while I heal. So, sorry I have nothing to report. Maybe next year we'll give a try.

I did discover that you can purchase the software at other places individually without the hefty pricetag.

My understanding is that any midi compatible keyboard will work. You don't have to buy the small one they offer. I think it even addresses that on the website.

If someone else bought it I'd sure like to know what you thought.

Smiles,

Shalynn

My understanding is that any midi compatible keyboard will work. You don't have to buy the small one they offer. I think it even addresses that on the website.

If someone else bought it I'd sure like to know what you thought.

Smiles,

Shalynn

I saw that right after I posted. :blushing:

I have no experience with MusIQ, but have with these methods:

Lessons

Piano Adventures, Level 2A by Faber (my son's piano teacher chose this. I'm not a big fan of it because it doesn't have as much repetition with the different subjects.)

Technic

A Dozen a Day, Book One by Edna-Mae Burnam (My son loves this and so do I!)

Fingerpower by Schaum, Level Primer & One (This was just so-so. My son's teacher used this for the first 2 levels but switched to A Dozen a Day).

Theory

My son's teacher doesn't emphasize theory. Maybe because he's only 6yo or maybe because she's restricted to 30 min lessons. We can't afford the 1-hour lessons. However, I use Playing With Sound, Level 1 by Noona and tutor him myself. I try to coincide it with what he's learning in his lesson book.