Menu

Chalkdust Pre-Calculus users: a question about transcripts...

Pre-Calc is a college level course. In high school it is a one-year course. If it takes the student longer they still earn the same 1 year credit.

I know some who give Pre-Calc a 3 semester or even 4 semester credit--that is useful in states that require 4 years of high school math and the student who finished Algebra 1 in 8th grade is not ready to do Pre-Calc in one year--and needs to slow down. Writing the course in as a 2 year course in Texas is acceptable for STATE graduation requirements--but colleges still only give 1 credit for it...it may or not make a difference.

If my dd takes 3 semeseters to complete Pre-Calc she will only get one (year)credit from me.

Hello!

My son is completing ChalkDust PreCal in 3 semesters. We are calling it PreCal I, II, and III. If colleges choose to only grant 1 credit, that is fine, but our umbrella school is granting him 1.5 credits (actually we increase by a factor of 10, so he will receive 5 credits per semester.) We did it this way because the book is not broken into tidy chunks that can easily be labeled Advanced Algebra, Trig, etc. Hope this helps!

Blessings,

April