Menu

Just saw this H1N1 article on yahoo: What do you think?

Yes, of course. Someone has to manufacture the vaccine. The cost (and profits for the pharma companies), however is not being driven up by free market competition since the CDC is distributing it. I should have said "distributing" it instead of "coming from." I'm sorry about that.

Okay, I may be wrong in my thinking and I'm sure you all will correct me.

I'm still not ready to get my tinfoil hat.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a news report that listed at least 5 different drug companies that are making the H1N1 vaccine. In a quick search, I found a news report about Meriden Co making them.

(I have to go make dinner, but I will look for more later...)

The pharmaceutical companies make vaccine, but CDC is in charge of distribution and allocation. Municipal/county health departments place the orders to CDC.

Allocation and Distribution Q&A

Background

2009 H1N1 vaccine distribution is a health department managed process similar to the process for the Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program. The distribution process for 2009 H1N1 vaccine builds on the existing mechanism for shipping vaccine to VFC providers. Vaccine orders are submitted by Project Area health departments on behalf of vaccine providers. These orders are transmitted to CDC and are processed and forwarded to CDC’s contractor for centralized distribution. The contractor, in turn, ships vaccine directly to the end user. The centralized distribution contract for the VFC program has been supplemented to provide for 2009 H1N1 vaccine distribution and distribution of ancillary supply kits.

I'm still not ready to get my tinfoil hat.

LOL!

As far as conspiracy theory goes (and I do love a good conspiracy theory!), the fallout from the flu, or any flu (even this one), is utterly benign compared to what *could* be used as a bioterrorism tool or even for just plain old population control.

No sale here.

Swine flu 'patient zero' found in Mexico

The world's first known swine flu victim was a six-month-old baby girl in northern Mexico who had no known contact with pig farms, the head of a laboratory studying the virus said on Thursday.

"It's a six-month-old baby girl from San Luis Potosi who is alive" said Celia Alpuche of the Institute of Epidemiological Diagnosis and Reference (INDRE) in Mexico City.

The little girl first showed symptoms of the new strain of the influenza A(H1N1) virus on February 24, she said.

While Baxter was shipping H5N1 to various labs in European countries, the first Patient Zero of H1N1 comes out of Mexico. Nearly the same time....

Baxter H5N1 Lab Release: February 6, 2009

First H1N1 Swine Flu case: February 24, 2009

18 days apart.

1. H5N1 is a totally different virus. You can't get from H5N1 to H1N1.

2. In a review of the literature several years ago, 25% of documented cases of swine influenza had no known exposure to pigs . In the 1976 Ft Dix outbreak, no exposure to pigs was ever identified.

Edited by Perry

Think about it. Lots of over exaggeration of cases and deaths and not much advice except to get the vax and tamiflu. For the makers of the vax and tamiflu, it is for their profit. There is evidence that this was made in their lab, and they have even admitted to sending vaccines to Africa with AIDS in them.

For the people who think that the world is overpopulated, they want it to mutate to a vax-resistant strain that is much more dangerous than the flu.

WHAT???Are you even remotely serious???

Wow! I love stories like that. What a blessing. I really appreciate your help. I plan to buy the oil in liquid form. I found it online at Vitacost for $41.54 for 1 fl. ounce. Have you found it for a better price?

That's a pretty good price. I sometimes buy it off of Ebay for around $38, but that doesn't include shipping. Depending on how often you take it, it could last for many months. Honestly, I don't care if I have to buy bottle every other month (which I usually don't) because it is so effective. Treating at home is more convenient that seeing a dr, going to the pharmacy, etc. With all the antibiotic resistance today, I'm doing everyone else a favor.

Honestly, it seems like people are starting to freak out about this swine flu thing. Everyone has control over how they live, what they put into their bodies, situations they expose themselves to. It's common sense. Don't drink, smoke or do drugs, exercise, eat a very healthy diet ( I try to eat raw as much as possible), avoid sick people, wash your hands often, supplement with products you find appropriate to your situation. We are hardly ever sick now. I couldn't say that a few years ago.

We had the flu over the weekend. It lasted all of one day and was quite mild. No, we weren't tested to confirm flu, but you can pretty much identify the flu when you have it. Anyway, it doesn't matter what it was because we got rid of it almost immediately. If you want the vaccination, get it, if you don't, then don't get it. But, what people need to focus on is what they themselves can do to change any unhealthy habits they have, then worry about vaccination.

Sorry for the rant but I feel the vaccination is incidental if you have unhealthy habits.

That's a pretty good price. I sometimes buy it off of Ebay for around $38, but that doesn't include shipping. Depending on how often you take it, it could last for many months. Honestly, I don't care if I have to buy bottle every other month (which I usually don't) because it is so effective. Treating at home is more convenient that seeing a dr, going to the pharmacy, etc. With all the antibiotic resistance today, I'm doing everyone else a favor.

Thanks, again! I found it on Lucky Vitamin: http://www.luckyvitamin.com/item/itemKey/53987

I would be happy to buy a bottle every other month if I needed to as well. I am much more inclined to handle things naturally than to go to the doctor where everyone is sick!

I appreciate all your help.