Menu

Loving trial netflix! So what are your fav documentaries and family movies?

I just watched "Forgiving Dr. Mengele" on netflix. Very moving documentary about a woman who was one of "Mengele's Twins" and suffered under his experiments. I think there were only a few graphic pictures, but it focused mostly on this woman's emotional healing from being a guinea pig.

I've also enjoyed Chonda Pierce (Christian comedian), Jim Gaffigan (not a Chrstian comedian. Well, he's Catholic, but his comedy is secular, which is what I meant by "not" a Christian comedian).

Movies we've watched online were:

For the Love of a Dog (family)

Seven Pounds (good, but very sad)

The Wishing Tree (family)

Penelope (family)

one episode of All Creatures Great and Small

I just joined; in fact, my trial is up tomorrow, I think. I've enjoyed having it. Movies come pretty fast and I know I've gotten my money's worth from it just in the past two weeks. I'm going to get the roku box and download the movies to my TV.

I think there was a thread about this recently. You could do a search! I use the instant watch feature a lot. Recommend: I am David, Martian Child, My Father's Glory, Bella, A Wedding for Bella [not the same Bella] ...

Right now my kids are suppose to be doing their homework, but they are watching the 2009 PBS version of King Lear. LOL!

We have also enjoyed:

Shakespeare: The Animated Tales, (though my youngest thinks some of them are creepy so don't watch them at night)

Terry Jones: Medieval Lives

Liberty Kids - all

Drive Thru History - all

Popular Mechanics - any

Egypt - Engineering an Empire

IMAX - any

Little House on the Prairie

Wind at My Back

Love Netflix!

I'm in the middle of watching Empires: The Medici, Godfathers of the Renaissance. Wonderful!! Very informative! My friend told me to watch before reading The Birth of Venus. I'm on episode three.

For fun, I love some of the Britwit shows.... As Time Goes By is my favorite... Yes, Minister is also good.

Valk

I'm in the middle of watching Empires: The Medici, Godfathers of the Renaissance. Wonderful!! Very informative! My friend told me to watch before reading The Birth of Venus. I'm on episode three.

For fun, I love some of the Britwit shows.... As Time Goes By is my favorite... Yes, Minister is also good.

Valk

I just added this to my queue. I never considered using netflix for educational purposes! *slapping forehead* I just signed up for my own personal entertainment. What a treasure chest of historical and educational documentaries! LOL