Menu

What are good but inexpensive slippers that don't fall apart?

I'm sick of Walmart slippers :glare: They fall apart but for the money saved, I didn't mind it. But now they've gone up in price to about $10. I even tried the Dearfoams at Walmart and they weren't good.

I'd like a comfy and warm bootie style with a non-slip bottom that's not super stiff. Any brands you can recommend, plus places to get them inexpensively?

(I still might ask for the LL Bean Wicked Good Slippers for Christmas but $50 for slippers is a LOT, even to ask for for a gift!)

I'm sick of Walmart slippers :glare: They fall apart but for the money saved, I didn't mind it. But now they've gone up in price to about $10. I even tried the Dearfoams at Walmart and they weren't good.

I'd like a comfy and warm bootie style with a non-slip bottom that's not super stiff. Any brands you can recommend, plus places to get them inexpensively?

(I still might ask for the LL Bean Wicked Good Slippers for Christmas but $50 for slippers is a LOT, even to ask for for a gift!)

Hopw often are you replacing the wm slippers? have tried the Isotoners found in JcPenney, Target, Kohls, etc? The LL Bean are pricey but they last and last. I've had mine for 5 years and still not worn out.

check etsy or hyenacart for good work at home mom knitted slippers!!!! felted ones ROCK and you should be able to find a lot about this time
I've heard good things about felted slippers too, so I second that recommendation! In fact, I have a friend who knits, and she said she would make me a pair of felted slippers if I would scrapbook some pictures for her! LOVE THAT IDEA! So I'll soon have some great hand-made felted slippers, and GET to scrapbook some pages! :001_smile:

I tried waiting for the after Christmas sales, but there were only ugly slippers left, and ones that I liked they didn't have in my size---probably because it is a common size and they ran out. So, I've been going ahead and finding ones I like and getting them when I find them!

I have lambskin bootie style slippers, with a rubber sole that I got from Blair. They are toasty warm and cozy. I paid $30 or $40 for them, and they are 10 plus years and still going strong!

ETA: They are similiar to the Wicked Boots from LL Bean, and the same price apparently. You can see them here http://www.blair.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=1612

Edited by Unicorn

Considering my Wicked Good Slippers are 20 years old....that makes them fairly cheap for each year worn. I wear them September through April, so they get a good amount of wear each year. I just looked at the booties and they are good for at least another 10 years. So maybe they aren't as expensive as the appear.