Menu

Where to buy Life of Fred (and a few more questions)

plain jane

I'd like to buy some of these for myself and start working through them in my spare time. :001_huh: I have looked at the samples online and I think they'll work nicely. I'm going on recommendations from people here so I don't know a ton about these books. Where's the best place to buy them? I noticed RR doesn't sell the home companions seperately, only as part of the complete, $300 set! Do I need those? Where do I buy those? Am I better off splurging and buying the whole set at once? - Free shipping at RR and all that, right? ;) Wait! Don't answer that. My husband may ban me from here.:lol:

How many levels do you think I should order at once? I don't want to repeatedly pay shipping but I probably shouldn't spend too much up-front. ;)

and when we've ordered, shipping has always been free and fast!

I'm sure you can get the home companions separately--

Are you looking at this website?

http://www.stanleyschmidt.com/FredGauss/11catofbooks.html

Fred’s Home Companion: Advanced Algebra

A study guide for Life of Fred: Advanced Algebra.

Offers daily lesson assignments.

Life of Fred: Advanced Algebra answer key.

Many more advanced algebra problems.

ISBN: 0-9709995-7-7, hardback, 128 pages. $14

Thanks! You guys are great! And fast!! Thanks!! I'm glad to hear that the shipping is free! That means I can buy a few more things, right? :D

I very much recommend the Home Companions for Algebra. I don't think that Calvin would be learning that much without them.

Best wishes

Laura

It wouldn't let me pm you.

http://rainbowresource.com/prodlist.php?sid=1255098300-1050893&subject=10&category=6813. I just searched Life of fred and then I clicked on the life of fred series link. If for some reason this link doesn't work for you, I'm sure you could call RR and order it from them that way. Have fun going through them. I'm going through the Advanced Algebra one right now and am enjoying it:)

I very much recommend the Home Companions for Algebra. I don't think that Calvin would be learning that much without them.

:iagree: Getting the Home Companion for Beginning Algebra has been very helpful for us too, because it breaks the text up into manageable lessons, plus you get all the answers to the rest of the problems. Some of the odd answers are in the main book, but not the evens. It's not terribly expensive for the companion book.

Order them from the author/publisher; he uses Z-Twist Books to handle ordering and shipping. Priority Mail shipping within the US is FREE on all orders, so you can just order the books you need, as you need them:

http://www.stanleyschmidt.com/FredGauss/22ordering.html

Jackie

And SUPER FAST!! I ordered my latest book this past Friday (a week ago), received an email Sat that it had shipped and received Mon - I kid you not. Free shipping and super fast.