Menu

looking for an easy art/artist study for a 5th grade boy

TulaneMama

nothing too terribly time consuming but something that he would actually benefit from and that the younger girls could also partake in.

we are doing The Story of the ORchestra as a family during lunch and that is wokring well. I read and then they listen to the music and then DS makes cards for his timelines while I put the girls down. We all like this.

I was thinking that something similar that we could do to start the days might be fun. and then we could do art and music every day for just a few minutes, or alternate days throughout the year.

If you want a program, look at Handle on the Arts or Harmony Fine Arts. If you want "just a book", try Usborne Illustrated History of Art. That is just off the top of my head. I'll give it more thought because I too am looking at something similar. I'm doing Artistic Pursuits and we are enjoying it. But, I want more picture studies (a la Charlotte Mason style).

If you want a program, look at Handle on the Arts or Harmony Fine Arts. If you want "just a book", try Usborne Illustrated History of Art. That is just off the top of my head. I'll give it more thought because I too am looking at something similar. I'm doing Artistic Pursuits and we are enjoying it. But, I want more picture studies (a la Charlotte Mason style).

yes charlotte mason style, waldorfy projects, those would go over well here.