Menu

This is why I homeschool...

Autumn Vacation. Well, it's not the only reason;). We started the school year in the beginning of August when it was blazing hot outside and this week we are on Autumn Vacation and it was 74 degrees outside today and we played outdoors, I gardened, the kids rode bikes and it was wonderful. And we're going to do pretty much the same thing all week. I kind of like this 9 weeks on, 1 week off thing. It really works for me.

:iagree: We visit family in Arizona in the fall. Traveling off season means less crowds and lower rates. Arizona is beautiful in September/October, but I don't enjoy visiting in June and July. :001_smile:

Not only is it great to set my own schedule but it is a good example to my daughters that we don't have to do everything the way everyone else does.

I secretly wish my children had no ps friends so we could school all summer and enjoy the fall. They're old enough to care now, so I've lost that great joy...sniff sniff...jealous, I'm very jealous :D

Back to school. I really could use a break this week, but I've got to keep my nose down and get on through!

Gotta run...literature calls!

I secretly wish my children had no ps friends so we could school all summer and enjoy the fall. They're old enough to care now, so I've lost that great joy...sniff sniff...jealous, I'm very jealous :D

I was going to ask how people make the year-round school thing work when you have all the neighborhood PS kids knocking on the door every day in the summer.

I would love to do this too.

Holly

We just got back from fall break. It was awesome - we started school early when it was too hot to go outside anyway. Then we took a break and went to Disney after all the ps kids were in school. :) Definitely one of my favorite reasons to homeschool - being able to school when we want and break when we want.