Menu

Where can I get a "used" American Doll?

craigslist and ebay.

On ebay you may be able to find one that just needs her hair brushed for not a whole lot.

Also, Madame Alexander came out with a 18" doll this years. It is $20 at Wal-mart. They sell clothes as well.

I bought two of our American Girl dolls at garage sales, I paid hardly anything....Look on craigslist at garage sale ads, sometimes they will list items.

THe girls I bought our dolls from were my daughter's age but seemed appalled that grandma would buy them something so unsophisticated as AG dolls....they were nearly brand new!!!! ....with clothing......and a bicycle......and tea set......and Coconut!

I wanted one for dd last yr, but CL & Ebay dolls were barely cheaper than new. W/ shipping (Ebay), there was absolutely no savings.

Personally, I'd rather pay the extra $20 for full price than take the risks of used for nearly-new. You're really not saving any $, & you're risking a great deal of heartache. 1/2 price or so? Sure. $90 for a $100 doll? Nope.

In the end, though, I was incredibly blessed by a friend.

I found ebay to be the same price as new; -- C/L is a place to look -- at least you can see the doll beforehand in most cases. Consignment shops - YES! and start looking now (which apprently you are) as the early bird gets the worm.:D

We ended up buying dd her doll new as there did not seem to be any savings betwe new and 'already loved.'