Menu

evan moor teacher file box worth $60?

Murphy101

Depends on how much you like worksheets. If you like Evan-Moor in general it might be worth it to get it at the Homeschool Buyer's Co-op discount price. I have it and use it. It is strictly 6th grade and below, which I assume everyone knows, but just in case.

They have some good science units that we have used, phonics and math sheets that I use to reinforce or practice if we get stuck on our usual program, history ideas and worksheets. I tend to forget about it though because it is online, and don't use it as often as I should to get my money's worth.

It is essentially what is in their books, but not all of it and not the latest stuff.

I signed up and am impatiently waiting for HSBC to submit the orders. I may just pay for a month's access to tide me over.

I have a toddler and a 3rd grader, so I want to print off pre-k stuff (I'm always planning ahead) as well as LOTS of stuff for my 3rd grader. For example, in LA we're starting to cover prefixes and suffixes, and I can print out extra E-M activities to reinforce it without derailing our LA program. There are some phonograms he has trouble with so I want some of the phonics games. He needs lot of help with LA in general and I've wasted so much on LA workbooks that aren't a good fit, so this will save me money printing only what is useful.

I have been using it for a couple of weeks now, and I like everything we have used so far. I only signed up for a month, and I haven't decided if I am going to keep it yet. I may find it more useful when my dd is older, and we would be using the literature and history pockets.

I have it and have used it but I kind of agree that it would have been better to buy the specific books because sometimes they leave out part of a book and they don't group the worksheets by book title, so you have to do some digging.

My kids have liked the Draw...Then Write worksheets and they also have some nice science units we've used to flesh out another program. I printed off a lot of animal cards and laminated them and we used those to practice classifying. There are a lot of grammar worksheets and a lot of "Take it to Your Seat Centers" that you can print off and laminate. But I wish I had just bought The Giant Science Resource Book and some others that I'd like to have complete. I also was going to try their Building Spelling Skills but they don't offer that through the filebox.

We are using it though, and it's been nice to be able to search for things to use for lapbooking or for worksheets to add variety, since my kids seem to actually like worksheets.

I signed up for it last summer, but after a few months I canceled my account. It was just too hard to navigate the site and find what I was looking for. Everything was spread out all over the place.

What really disappointed me is that when I did cancel (which must be done by phone), the customer service rep informed me that anything I printed out from the site but hadn't used would need to be destroyed. I get that--they don't want you to sign up and print everything out and then cancel. It just seemed over the top that I'd spent 30 or 40 dollars on the few worksheets I'd used, and even the few I'd printed but hadn't used yet had to be thrown out. I count it as one of my worst homeschool purchases, but a good lesson to read the fine print.

I've been using it for over a year now and yes, I find it very useful. The Teacher Filebox has everything in their books except for the "Daily ..." books. I use it very often.

For example, we're using Junior Analytical Grammar. When we got to prepositions, ds got stuck. JAG only explains it one way and if you don't get it, you're dead in the water. I downloaded several preposition worksheets and had him back on track in a couple of days.