Menu

Widower's son breastfed

Thank you all for letting me share my story and for your kind words. This is my "hard time" of the year as it's during that six week period my daughter was with us.

She was born September 17, 2004 and passed away on October 29, 2004.

The little one who grew well on my stored milk is a smart, beautiful 5 year old now. I can't help but smile every time I see her.:)

Our hearts received some healing when our son was born just 51 weeks after our Katherine. He entered our family 8 days before what would have been her first birthday.

Your story has been a blessing to me. :grouphug:

CA mom - thank you so much for sharing. I'm so sorry for the loss of your dd. :grouphug: What a wonderful thing you did for that other baby!!

I started pumping when I had my dd because I needed to relieve the extra pressure I was feeling. I had HUGE oversupply issues (which, interestingly, led to a low-weight-gain baby - she'd just give up because it came out too fast). Anyway, I heard of a friend of a friend who needed some milk. We spoke and I was able to donate directly to her.

The milk bank that I spoke with had WAY too much red tape. Just giving it to a mother was much easier.

This story about the dad in MI is beautiful! Imagine as he grows up he'll have all these "mothers" around!!

How, may I ask, did you handle this? You practice NFP, I am assuming. This is the stuff nightmares are made of!

So sorry.

e

Nope didn't know nfp back then. Wasn't even particuliarly Christian back then.

We just didn't have relations for 6 months.

CAmom that is a beautiful life experience!:grouphug:

Edited by Martha

I think the intentions are nice, but I would never, ever want my baby to be breastfed by so many women. I think that baby is needlessly being put at risk for any number of diseases and when I first read this article I wondered if that's what his mom would have really wanted for him.

I have chronic lyme and it is thought that this can be passed through breastmilk. That alone would be enough to stop me in my tracks from considering something like this acceptable. Many people do not even know they are sick for a period of years before symptoms start to surface and there are no good screening tests available.

Lisa

I think the intentions are nice, but I would never, ever want my baby to be breastfed by so many women. I think that baby is needlessly being put at risk for any number of diseases and when I first read this article I wondered if that's what his mom would have really wanted for him.
Yes, I am thinking that maybe the others that offered to help breastfeed could have been given an alternate assignment, like diaper service if they really wanted to help. :lol: