Menu

For just the basics and more for a fun interest

NavyWifeandMommy

Guest RecumbentHeart
Maybe a used copy of Prima Latina? Or Song School Latin? She's a little old for both, but if it's just for fun, why not?

Hey .. I'm doing Song School Latin :glare: lol I figured I should get a head start on my son :D

I think it's fun .. the songs get stuck in my head and I wander around the house cleaning and singing in Latin .. it's a hoot.

I think the TM, workbook and CD together new will set you back about $40 though.

Hey .. I'm doing Song School Latin :glare: lol I figured I should get a head start on my son :D

I think it's fun .. the songs get stuck in my head and I wander around the house cleaning and singing in Latin .. it's a hoot.

I think the TM, workbook and CD together new will set you back about $40 though.

Do you think the TM is really necessary though? I don't have it and haven't missed it yet.

Guest RecumbentHeart
Do you think the TM is really necessary though? I don't have it and haven't missed it yet.

After a brief look through, I would say no, it's not necessary. It appears to be exactly the same as the workbook except with the answers filled in.

Not getting it would halve the cost :)

I would not have spent $22.95 on the thing if I had known that in advance. :glare:

eta. the TM does include a splattering of teacher notes that are mostly suggestions for extra activities and a few comments/brief explanations on grammar and such. ... oh, and 2 lined pages for notes in the back.

Edited by RecumbentHeart

I am doing Latin for Children with my 10 yr old ds. I got the Primer and activity book (along with the TM and a history reader) for a great price on Ebay, a little used. I would say that you don't need the teacher manual or the history reader but the primer and activity book are great. The activities are things like crosswords and puzzle type things from the chapters. The DVD set is key though, we listen to the chants daily and even my three year old is trying to sing them. :D

I am contemplating getting the Greek Code Cracker book because my son is reading the Percy Jackson series and is very interested in learning Greek. That would be an inexpensive way to get into the language. Also, we are waiting on our Songschool Latin book and CD for my 7 year old.