Menu

Quick help, please! Can you help me decide between these 2 toys to teach counting?

Blessedfamily

I'll be the smarty pants and say neither--they look kinda fun, but I dont' see how they would "teach" counting. And my kids, for some reason, never got into those foam puzzles. So I would pick something else.

Now you've got me wondering how they DID learn to count (since I've got a baby getting nearer and nearer to those beginning stages again). We had several board books with counting that they liked, and I guess we just counted a lot of stuff around the house.

I hope you don't take my answer as too snarky; honestly, I just don't prefer either of those toys for "teaching counting", but I hope you like what you ended up ordering!

Betsy

Right. We're already teaching her counting with stuff around the house. I was looking for something to reinforce, which would have been a better word choice, but I was in a hurry to place my order before the shop closes.

Also, I thought it might help with the motor skills along with the other things we do around the house.

Edited by Blessedfamily

I'll be the smarty pants and say neither--they look kinda fun, but I dont' see how they would "teach" counting. And my kids, for some reason, never got into those foam puzzles. So I would pick something else.

Now you've got me wondering how they DID learn to count (since I've got a baby getting nearer and nearer to those beginning stages again). We had several board books with counting that they liked, and I guess we just counted a lot of stuff around the house.

I hope you don't take my answer as too snarky; honestly, I just don't prefer either of those toys for "teaching counting", but I hope you like what you ended up ordering!

Betsy

I am with Betsy. Around here those foam type sets just ended up with half of it upstairs and the other half downstairs. Every 6 months when we clean everything out they would be in the same room again, and the kids loved it, but a week later half of it was upstairs and half down.

Here I just count legos or building blocks or what ever the child is playing with at the time.

Heather

I am with Betsy. Around here those foam type sets just ended up with half of it upstairs and the other half downstairs. Every 6 months when we clean everything out they would be in the same room again, and the kids loved it, but a week later half of it was upstairs and half down.

Here I just count legos or building blocks or what ever the child is playing with at the time.

Heather

She does have quite a few unused things all over the house. I called in the order and skipped that item for now.

Thanks all for helping me think it through. I get panicky when a store's about to close and I need to place an order.

:lol: It was Rainbow Resource, and I had a big order with free shipping. Why in the world do big orders get me so worked up???

I was so indecisive about that last item, that I realized half-way through giving the lady my order I was looking at my entire wish-list instead of my cart! I was about to place a $900 order!

When I called to see if everything was in stock and ready to ship, three things were on back-order. I didn't want my order held up for that, so I cancelled the items and...shock:scared:....I had to make a replacement on the spot because that dropped me below the free shipping threshhold! :willy_nilly::willy_nilly::

I picked a toy that looks like it's going to be a complete waste of time and money!(See attached) I'm just disgusted with myself.

post-6264-1353508299834_thumb.jpg

post-6264-1353508299834_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blessedfamily