Menu

Anyone have a CFL bulb break?

Is the mercury really a big deal that is in the bulbs? My dh broke one in the ceiling fan with his hand! We had to go to ER for stitches and am now home - I've picked up all big pieces and used tape for tiny pieces. I am about to vacuum the area - are we good after that? I have my dd's in their room but I still feel nervous.

No it's not a big deal *at all*. I broke two - one in the coat closet and one in the kitchen.

A friend of mine who's dh is an emergency project manager with the EPA came over with his little machine to test.

He was there within the hour. Even in the non-ventilated closet: nothing.

Katherine

No it's not a big deal *at all*. I broke two - one in the coat closet and one in the kitchen.

A friend of mine who's dh is an emergency project manager with the EPA came over with his little machine to test.

He was there within the hour. Even in the non-ventilated closet: nothing.

Katherine

Thanks for this info! What a relief.

Thanks for the info - I'm not so stressed about it now. The only other thing I found was that we should toss his clothes in the garbage because he was standing directly under the bulb when he broke it (he was playing the Wii and is so embarrassed) so I'm sure there was debris in his clothes. I found info online that said to not wash them.

Edited by Horton