Menu

AAAUGH! Please help identify these small white worms - they're everywhere!

Also, have your children brought in any nuts from outside? We had maggots from chestnuts the dc brought inside years ago. They were larger than fruit fly, but smaller than house fly maggots.

We had these a couple of years ago from a bag of peanuts for the bird feeder. Uck!

I haven't read the other responses, so hopefully not repeating.

This would happen every so often in our house, and I'd wonder where they came from. It finally occurred to me that they were dropping from the downlights in the ceiling! I guess a mouse or some other dead thing was in the ceiling, and the maggots fell through the down light onto the floor.

Perhaps that's the case with you too?

ETA: Haha - perhaps I should read responses before posting so I would realize it's a zombie maggot thread!!!

Edited by Isabella

icky icky icky. maggots yuck

We had a huge issue with flies a couple weeks ago, I never found maggots but we had like 300 flies in the house(I put up 8 fly paper ribbons and in less than an hour they were all full). I figure something got into the attic and died up there as I cold not get the exterior attic door to shut. I was grossed out by all the flies, but would much rather deal with them than maggots.

icky icky icky. maggots yuck

We had a huge issue with flies a couple weeks ago, I never found maggots but we had like 300 flies in the house(I put up 8 fly paper ribbons and in less than an hour they were all full). I figure something got into the attic and died up there as I cold not get the exterior attic door to shut. I was grossed out by all the flies, but would much rather deal with them than maggots.

Next time, I'll bring my dog over. Flies drive him NUTS and he leaps all over the house like a maniac catching them. :D

Next time, I'll bring my dog over. Flies drive him NUTS and he leaps all over the house like a maniac catching them. :D

Dude now you quoted me so I can't delete my post and pretend I never added to the zombie thread. I hate when I do that, I really need to check OP dates before I add to threads lol.

My dog ignores the flies. We are down to a handful a day. Still not sure where they are coming from but between the fly paper and swatter they are nearly under control. I know it wasn't just me either. I had to go to 4 stores before I even found the fly paper. Everywhere was sold out, it was a bad year for flies in my area.

Dude now you quoted me so I can't delete my post and pretend I never added to the zombie thread. I hate when I do that, I really need to check OP dates before I add to threads lol.

My dog ignores the flies. We are down to a handful a day. Still not sure where they are coming from but between the fly paper and swatter they are nearly under control. I know it wasn't just me either. I had to go to 4 stores before I even found the fly paper. Everywhere was sold out, it was a bad year for flies in my area.

But, but, but... It's a zombie maggot thread and it's the month of Hallows!! Come on, it's appropriate! :lol::lol: