Menu

Remember my library rant?

This library rant ? I was so sure I returned the book, but I did pay the $26 for a replacement book. Well we moved the bookcases last night and guess what I found? :blushing: :banghead:

I once had to pay $40 for a replacement book and the same thing happened to me. Thankfully, the library refunded my money when I returned the book.

• 3 weeks later...

That's great that they refunded your money. :)

I have a friend whose children lost a BOB book from the library. I can't remember how much she had to pay, but is was the price for a whole new set even though they had only lost one book (and it wasn't in very good shape either). A year or so later they moved and I think she found it.

This library rant ? I was so sure I returned the book, but I did pay the $26 for a replacement book.

I'm glad the library refunded your money! One time I lost a book while on vacation- I was pretty sure I left it in a restaurant. I called, they couldn't find it. I paid the fine.:glare:

About a month later, I was checking out some other books and the lady said I had $25 credit on my account. Would I like the cash?

Turned out someone returned the book to their library, and it made its way home!

That's great that they refunded your money. :)

I have a friend whose children lost a BOB book from the library. I can't remember how much she had to pay, but is was the price for a whole new set even though they had only lost one book (and it wasn't in very good shape either). A year or so later they moved and I think she found it.

I realize it was a BOB book, and this may not have applied, but libraries normally purchase "Library Edition" books, not the kind normally bought at B&N or Amazon.

Library Editions are printed on acid-free paper, with different glue/stitching so that the books won't break down in under 10 years. They also usually have different covers.

Whenever I am buying books for kiddo, I look for "former library copy" in the used books at Alibris because I know they are made better. As long as they are in "good" or "very good" condition, that is - I'm not going to buy one that is pre-destroyed.

a

9 times out of 10 when the library says a book is missing it is on their bookshelf. How shocking that nobody checked it in when I returned it!

If you pay for a lost book my library will not refund the money.

The one time I paid, it turns out I had lent the book to my mother. Who insisted she did not have the book. Months later I found it in her closet. My mother does not give refunds either.