Menu

When will WWE-3 workbook be available? SWB?

ThriceBlessed

I noticed that the date Amazon gave has been moved by a full month to the *end* of September. We start school on Monday and I had planned to use this with my 4th grader ( who did WWE-2 last year). I assumed we would start a couple weeks late (w/the original end of Aug. date). Will PHP be offering a Pre-Order for this???

Last year they offered this for WWE-2 and we received ours nearly 2 weeks *before* Amazon made it available.

Does anyone have any further information other than Amazons' late September date?

Blessings,

I called PHP today and was told it would be out in September. I was also told there was NO release date set.

Thank you Jana. Hmm....so do I wait and see when PHP will have it available? or do I pre-order with Amazon and just deal with starting it 5-6 weeks after we start school? Decisions...decisions... :glare:

Blessings,

Here's the scoop. :-)

The book was all set to be ready in August. The only thing we had pending were four remaning permissions (necessary for excerpts that run over 500 words or so) which we assumed were in the works and going through well.

Then we had to stop it AT the printer because Beverly Cleary refused to allow us to reprint an excerpt from one of her Ramona books. Apparently she doesn't allow her works to be used in educational materials.

So we went back and redid that whole section and then I decided we'd better not go forward until we had contracts IN HAND for the other three pending permissions. One came through. The other two have not been responding. The book would have needed to start printing at the beginning of last week to make the Sept. 4 pub date on Amazon, which is why it probably moved.

Last week alone, Justin here at the office sent multiple emails and faxes and made phone calls to the two permissions managers who are, apparently, not doing their jobs. Don't get me started.

On Friday, I called in a guy in New York who's an expert at this, and he's taking extreme measures. :001_smile:

All of which is to say, 1) I'm SORRY, 2) this is the first time we've EVER run into this problem, and we're taking steps to make sure it won't happen with WWE4, and 3) I have hopes we can give the printer a go-ahead next week.

In the meantime--I said to Mollie here at the office on Friday that we should put up the first five lessons as a .pdf so that people can get started. I was thinking we'd do that in two weeks, but if y'all are actually starting school now, we can get them up by Tuesday afternoon.

SWB

In the meantime--I said to Mollie here at the office on Friday that we should put up the first five lessons as a .pdf so that people can get started. I was thinking we'd do that in two weeks, but if y'all are actually starting school now, we can get them up by Tuesday afternoon.

SWB

That would be AWESOME! We've already started and I had penciled in to begin WWE later in Sept. when we rec'd it. But, I know I'd love to get started with it before then, if possible.

Thank you.

Then we had to stop it AT the printer because Beverly Cleary refused to allow us to reprint an excerpt from one of her Ramona books. Apparently she doesn't allow her works to be used in educational materials.

Is this common? It seems kind of ... odd.

SWB

Yes Please!

We start school on Monday, and any amount of lessons you are willing to give us prior to actual book availability would be *GREATLY* appreciated. :D

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know about the delays, I only wish other publishing companies were so forthcoming.

I look forward to using WWE-3 with my ds this year, we loved levels 1&2 last year... cannot wait. ;)

Blessings,

All of which is to say, 1) I'm SORRY, 2) this is the first time we've EVER run into this problem, and we're taking steps to make sure it won't happen with WWE4, and 3) I have hopes we can give the printer a go-ahead next week.

SWB

:thumbup: Thanks for the update!

I think the whole Beverly Cleary thing is strange because we just got reading books for third and forth grade, published by Scholastic, and there are excerpts from her books in them...ummmmmm.

Perhaps the excerpt is too long. But it is incidentally a bummer since dd 8 *loves* Ramona!!

I know there is another popular children's author who has expressed concerns about this as well. She wrote a book about books (that was very good, in fact) and said that she doesn't lenjoy it when teachers approach her to say they use her lit in their lessons. She days that can kill the joy of reading for kids. On one hand I agree with her, and have seen it time and time again. On the other hand, some 'lessons' can really be exciting for some kids.

Gosh, who was that? That is going to bug me.

ETA! Mem Fox!