Menu

Having a bad day

Don't want to dump on DH as he is just so inundated at work, and frankly, doesn't need to hear it when he gets home...so I'm dumping on all of my virtual friends. This is strictly cathartic...

1. I learned this morning that 5.5 DD has been lying to me for 2 days about her b*tt*m "hurting" -- fessed up to it this morning (I've had a UTI this week, and she was just copying me, I guess). I canceled the trip to the Base pool as discipline. She's one unhappy girl right now.
  2. 3.5 DD is a WHINING machine right now and my head is hurting from listening to it.
  3. 3.5 DD's bed was sopped through this morning. She wouldn't put on her "big" overnight underwear last night, and I didn't have the fight left in my last night to fight it...paying the price this morning.
  4. I have screamed at them a total number of times that is now in the double-digits this morning.
  5. I've already cried on the phone to my wonderful elderly Mom...and kind of yelled at her too :(
  6. My house is a mess right now, and only 15% of the check boxes are checked on my Motivated Moms checklist on the fridge.
  7. My book club is meeting at my house on Saturday, I have 300+ pages to read by then, and see #5.
  8. I haven't done any HS today.
  9. I want to just sit in a hot tub with a cup of coffee, my 300+ pages and cry...but who will keep the girls from murdering each other?

That's what I called it when my dc were young and I got to the point that I thought I'd go crazy if things didn't lighten up. So, to preserve my mental health, I designated a day off, and we just played games, read, watched movies, and colored/painted/etc. Your kids are YOUNG; so what if you didn't "do school" today. There will be plenty of time for that. But your dc won't be little for long. Take today off and enjoy them. You might just make a memory that they (and you) will cherish for life. :grouphug:

:grouphug: Sorry you're having such a bad day.

I learned this morning that 5.5 DD has been lying to me for 2 days about her b*tt*m "hurting" -- fessed up to it this morning (I've had a UTI this week, and she was just copying me, I guess).
My five year-old does this sometimes -- it's her way of expressing empathy/worry. Once I'd slept a funny way and had a have-to-walk-up-the-stairs-with-your-hand-on-your-lower-back-while-griping kinda pain. It was hard not to giggle to see my then four year-old do exactly the same thing.

...Your kids are YOUNG; so what if you didn't "do school" today. There will be plenty of time for that....

Yes, and also, it's August. As in summer. Absolutely no need to worry about a day without lessons. (We school year round, though, so I get where you're coming from.)

I have had those days. Many of them. They pass. Really.

(and now I am going to go scream at the children who have been told, loudly, multiple times, as recently as 1 minute ago, that IT.IS.QUIET.TIME!!!)

See?

Your kids are YOUNG; so what if you didn't "do school" today. There will be plenty of time for that. But your dc won't be little for long. Take today off and enjoy them. You might just make a memory that they (and you) will cherish for life. :grouphug:
Well said. :)

:grouphug: Sorry you're having such a bad day.

My five year-old does this sometimes -- it's her way of expressing empathy/worry. Once I'd slept a funny way and had a have-to-walk-up-the-stairs-with-your-hand-on-your-lower-back-while-griping kinda pain. It was hard not to giggle to see my then four year-old do exactly the same thing.

This has me laughing/crying at the same time. Thanks for the cheer up! :001_smile:

As to not schooling today, good idea. We start school early here in "Almost Mexico" to follow the local district which already started 3 weeks ago!

I need to go back and read Runninmommy's blog post again about "keeping it real"

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118880

Whew! Deep breath!

Okay, I'm not a big fan of TV for kids but after reading your post I think I would happily put on a Scooby Doo for the little ones and lay down on the couch for some quiet time. Maybe an hour nap will help your poor nerves.

Or ... any new art supplies you've got hidden away that would keep them occupied for long enough for you to have nice lemonade and read a few chapters in your book?