Menu

Netflix Users

We just joined up after canceling with Blockbuster.

Right now it says we have unlimited time to watch online~but I thought when I was looking at the site the other day, the plan we choose had about 17 hours of watch time.. we did the plan for 3 movies.. Do you know how much watch time online you get?

Also, we only have added about 5 movies~any ideas?

It stinks that I have to flip over to Vista to run the movies. Grrr. :mad: But, I guess at least I have the ability to watch on my dh's laptop.

Oh well, someday my there will be more available to my Mac. I heart Mac!

I agree! My Mac has this beautiful screen that would make watching the movies enjoyable. I'm hoping Netflix will change the format to work on a Mac.

Diann

Why did you cancel with Blockbuster?

I was thinking of switching to them...

We switched because in December they had a rate increase again.

So for 3 movies, you will pay $34.99/month with unlimited in store rentals.

We thought about doing the 3 in the mail with 5 in store exchanges a month for $19.99/month but when I looked at Netflix and seen we could do 3 movies and watch online for $16.99/month we thought it would be better.

We will see how well we like it.. We are doing the 2 week free trial right now.

HTH

Q:

Can I watch movies instantly on my Macintosh?

A:

Currently the Netflix Movie Viewer requires Internet Explorer Version 6 or later running on Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Vista. You'll find more detail on current requirements on our Instant Watching System Requirements page.

Our goal is for Netflix members to enjoy movies and TV shows on whatever screen they want. We're required to use Digital Rights Management to protect movies watched instantly online, and right now we only have approval for this protection on Windows Operating systems, not the Mac.

Apple does not license their DRM solution to third parties, which has made this more difficult, but we are working with the studios and content owners to gain approval for other solutions. As soon as a studio-approved DRM for the Mac is available to us, whether from Apple or another source, we will move quickly to provide a movie viewer that enables you to watch movies from Netflix instantly on your Mac.

In the meantime, you can use your account to watch instantly on any compatible PC, and Intel-based Macintosh computers can watch movies instantly using Boot Camp, Parallels, or Fusion to run Windows. And, your Macintosh is fully compatible with adding titles to the Instant Queue for Netflix-enabled players on your TV.

Netflix changed it to unlimited streaming on all $8.99/month and up accounts to compete with the new itunes movie rental service that was announced at MacWorld last week. No Macs in our house (although we do have a small army of ipods), but I have heard that Netflix works great with Bootcamp.

We love the streaming. The kids enjoy watching the old tv shows like The A-team. They are actually curled on the futon in ds10's room watching Milo & Otis streaming right now.

I love Netflix! But, this is the one thing I don't love... no "watch now" for Mac's. Amazon has this problem as well. I know us Mac folks are in the minority, but we are a growing one. So I will wait :p

I'm with you ... and I'm not willing to divide my hard drive (or whatever it's called) and run Windows on my Mac. I got away from PCs b/c mine crashed literally every day. 4 solid years with a Mac and No Problems! (just inconveniences like the watch it now thing).