Menu

Studying US Presidents...

Deana FL

Lives of the Presidents (Fame, Shame and What the Neighbors Thought) by Kathleen Krull

National Geographic Our Country's Presidents by Ann Bausum

DK ultimate sticker book Presidents

The Presidents Sticker Book (with matching games)

If the Walls Could Talk Family Life at the White House by Jane O'Connor

Don't Know Much About the Presidents by Kenneth C. Davis (author of Don't Know Much About History)

My kids are using these to make a Presidents lapbook.

We got placemats from Walmart--then, they were 99 cents, and my little boys learned them all, and went into detail asking each other questions about them from the info on the placemat. Ours was all on one side. Greatest, most fun and cheapest way to learn the Presidents that I've ever done. The books about them were okay, but my boys loved the placemats! :D

My boys love the video (based on the book): So You Want to be President.It is hilarious.

http://www.amazon.com/You-Want-President-Revised-Updated/dp/0399243178/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1249525361&sr=8-1

I second the Jean Fritz books and also Lives of the Presidents (also available on audio).

http://www.amazon.com/Lives-Presidents-Shame-Neighbors-Thought/dp/015200808X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1249525407&sr=1-1

From my experience, presidents are best learned in historical context.