Menu

Now I know how not to get sick from Swine Flu!!!

According to this article all I need to stock up on is whisky!! And I was worried! Quote from article says it all:

"We urge our fans to drink a lot of Welsh whisky as a form of disinfection," VOB head Alexander Shprygin told Reuters. "That should cure all symptoms of the disease." (swine flu)

Now I know what to stock up on! It should be a very fun fall if we all take this advise and drink whisky!!

Melissa

Shoot, I haven't been able to stomach whiskey since my first pregnancy. I wonder if wine or beer would do the trick? :tongue_smilie:

You might be on to something. My dad has been a beer drinker for all of his adult life, and the only time he got sick was the year he quit drinking (he ended up with pneumonia that winter). Now he says he has to drink so he won't go through that again lol. He has not been sick again BTW.

of course if you are all loaded up on whiskey, you won't want to go anywhere, so you won't be exposed to the flu....:001_smile: now, does it say that I need to get my kids drunk too?:D and will scotch work, because I do prefer scotch.;)

Hmmmm...and I'm a vodka gal myself.:confused:

:D

Don't do brown liquor, or peppermint schnapps either, due to some unfotunate incidents in college. (Amazing how that sticks with you after all these years.) Could do vodka. I wonder how many Russians get the flu. The blackberry brandy sounds good.

But a vodka tonic really is a great summer drink, she says, sipping on her Riesling from the freezer. And I'm sure the citric acid in the lime has some astringent/antiseptic benefit.