Menu

another thought about homeschool stereotypes.

DH and I were talking about this the other evening. There are a bunch of us "middle of the road" people here who homeschool. Plain old moms and dads who feel that schooling their children at home is the best answer who don't fall into an extremely religious or political category.

BUT

It seems to me that there are even more similarities between the "extremes" of homeschoolers. Either completely religious or completely secular. (No tomatoes please). My friends who are extremely CC are very interested in returning to a more 'natural' way of life. They are growing their own food, organically, they are separating themselves from government influence, they are trying to become more and more self-sufficient. They are trying to lessen their impact on the environment (not necessarily intentionally, but that is the result of their choice in lifestyle).

Does that sound familiar to anyone?

It sounds very similar to what my extremely 'liberal' (for lack of a better word) friends are doing. They want a more natural lifestyle, less intrusion by the government, to be left alone to do what they are doing.

Obviously, the politcal and social beliefs would be different, their motivation for what they are doing is different, but the way they go about it is so much the same.

Off to get more coffee! Good morning!