Menu

Anyone freeze blueberries?

We went blueberry picking this morning and I want to freeze a bunch. Do you have to freeze on a cookie sheet first before putting them in a plastic bag? I cannot remember what I did last time about 2 years ago.;)

can I just put them in the freezer bags and freeze and skip the cookie sheet part?

Absolutely, just don't wash them first. Wash them when you thaw them out.

I know this cuz I got lazy one year and just dumped them into freezer bags. I couldn't tell the difference between the ones that froze on a cookie sheet first and the ones that didn't. I did pick out the yechy ones and stems first, didn't fill the gallon freezer bags all the way, and laid flat to freeze. I had no lumping problems.

can I just put them in the freezer bags and freeze and skip the cookie sheet part?

I skipped the cookie sheet and just put them in a bag. They did not freeze in a big lump. I rinsed mine in a collander and let them drip for a few minutes first so that there wasn't much water left on them by the time I froze them.