Menu

Would you let your child play this practical joke?

Thanks so much to the authors of the Dangerous Book for Girls! :eek:

Dd has short-sheeted the bed of our expected guest ministry who will arrive this afternoon.

I am disinclined to allow things like this, but I am the original no fun mom. He might get a kick out of it, being that he can be a fun guy (the wife is not travelling with him).

He's Canadian, if it matters. Do Canadians know about short-sheeting beds?

My grandparents were social butterflies, and had frequent houseguests. They *always* short-sheeted the beds and everyone always had a great laugh. But I am just so darned anal.

Would you allow it?

~Lisa

But he's not a common guest, either.

He stayed with us once about 13 years ago. Since that time, the pastors acquired room for several guests, and we didn't have the opportunity after that.

Now, we live in a different state, and he is coming here expressly to spend time with us. Obviously, he knows us by name, so we are more than aquaintances.

Does that change opinions? :)

~Lisa

I wouldn't call that a practical joke....it is much too lame, LOL! I really don't get it though... If I was staying with someone...and found the bed like that....I would just think they didn't know how to properly make a bed, LOL.

I wouldn't call that a practical joke....it is much too lame, LOL! I really don't get it though... If I was staying with someone...and found the bed like that....I would just think they didn't know how to properly make a bed, LOL.

That was my thought too.

Kristine

No, not to an adult. It is not respectful, IMO. To another child would be fine.

Thanks so much to the authors of the Dangerous Book for Girls! :eek:

Dd has short-sheeted the bed of our expected guest ministry who will arrive this afternoon.

I am disinclined to allow things like this, but I am the original no fun mom. He might get a kick out of it, being that he can be a fun guy (the wife is not travelling with him).

He's Canadian, if it matters. Do Canadians know about short-sheeting beds?

My grandparents were social butterflies, and had frequent houseguests. They *always* short-sheeted the beds and everyone always had a great laugh. But I am just so darned anal.

Would you allow it?

~Lisa