Menu

Is there HS Curriculum for Dogs..... (Rescue Dog Update)

.......although, I guess I could start him with what I have here and then just 'tweak' it for him! :D

THANK YOU for the nice comments on my previous post about our new BEST FRIEND! I've posted one more picture on my WTM page, I sent out e-nnouncements to family and friends (DH thinks I have lost my mind :glare:), and I have to say that I think we have found a really nice dog!

TO Heather: :hurray: He didn't throw up! Yea! He seems to like the car, and he just seems to be most agreeable - which is great b/c I need someone in this house to 'go with the flow!'

TO Kristine: What you wrote about your Blue Tick is absolutely the way Guidry seems to me -- passive, doesn't make waves, really happy to be here! :drool5:

Years ago we had a yellow lab who made us crazy -- :banghead: I was so afraid that every dog in the world was like that. I am so thrilled that we seem to have someone under our roof now with a 'level head'.....big snout on that head, but a level one anyway.

DH is going on travel tomorrow -- I am sure that this will be disconcerting to Guidry b/c DH (or Cesar Milan as we like to call him) has really bonded with the dog -- but it's a short trip - he will be back on wednesday.

Thanks for all the wonderfully positive interest -- it helped me feel less like we were making a HUGE mistake!

Great news :)

And, fwiw, my kids love to watch the Dog Whisperer. . . . .

You know what? I'd definitely work the dog into hschooling.

Could they do a power point on "how to train a dog"?

Could they do a research paper on different breeds?

Could they design advertisements for dog rescue organizations?

Think of the motivation!

(my 16yo is working on training commands with Faith as I type :)!)

Congratulations!

When we got our dog, we enrolled her in a local puppy class and we all learned a lot from that. It was fun too! We also watched Dog Whisperer and read Cesar's books. The books have great tips. I haven't taken any of these classes but I know Universalclass.com offers dog care classes online too.

Excellent link! I ordered this -- the kids, Guidry and I will love it!

Thanks again for all your nice comments! Please continue to share your dog stories with me -- it really normalizes this whole experience.

We had a good day - I ran two miles with Guidry and he was a pleasure as a running partner. DH took him out for a long walk, the kids had him in the yard, and another long walk tonight. He is, again, in his crate, asleep. Tomorrow, we find out how he likes 'summer-schooling.' We will definitely, though, start each day with the 2 mile run - he clearly needs exercise to stay mellow.

Thanks again!