Menu

We just had so much fun!

We just had a family, around town scavenger hunt. We split up boys vs. girls and had a list of things to collect, questions to answer about our town, and photos to take. We met back at Dairy Queen for blizzards as the prizes. We actually decided it was a tie. The boys pulled in right before us girls; however, we had to count the swings at a city park and they missed a couple.

It was so much fun! We're going to do it again later and switch kids next time.

It was just our immediate family, but I've all ready been wondering if my best friends' family would do it with us. I just don't know if her husband would want to do it or not. I've also been thinking about giving the kids a house scavenger hunt to do along with our next door neighbor kids with each household competing against the other.

I really can't remember what gave me the idea, but here's our list. I'll leave blanks for you to fill in the specific places in your town. We are between Atlanta and Macon. I'm going to start working on a different list for next time.

Around Town Scavenger Hunt

Items to Find:

______ A free promotional pen, must have company's info on it

______ A one cent stamp

______ A bank deposit envelope

______ The business card of a cosmetologist

______ A disposable coffee cup with a business logo signed by an employee.

______ A take-out menu

______ A McDonald’s ketchup packet

Questions to Answer:

______ How many swings are at _________ Park?

______ How many soccer fields are at _________ Park?

Pictures to Take (or have taken)

______ A photo of an out-of-state license plate

______ Someone walking their dog

______ One of the group inside a play area at a restaurant

______ One of the ducks at the ______________ lake

Meet back at the Dairy Queen. The winning team gets larger desserts than the losers.

These are SO much fun! I still have great memories of doing something like this for a friend's birthday party. The theme was from the movie Hunt for the Red October and we had clues, etc. to solve before moving on to the next place. Great memories!!!

We're planning a family event that is called Bigger and Better. You start with something really tiny (paper clip, penny, etc.) and go to someone's door and explain that you need to trade them the item for something bigger and better. When we did this as teens one team ended up with an old bathtub (obviously you want to have someone with a truck drive)! You have 30 minutes to get back to a central meeting place with your final item.

I love scavenger hunts and will have to suggest the one posted as our next event.