Menu

Help! What can I put on this beesting on my forehead to reduce swelling?

I have to be a greeter in church tomorrow and help with offering and my forehead is so swollen, all the way down the bridge of my nose-I look horrible! I am not allergic; I think it's just so swollen because it's such a sensitive area. It's itchy too! Caladryl didn't help. What can I try?

I'm not an expert, since it's been a while since I've had a bee sting (thankfully!) but try these suggestions from WebMD. Some of their suggestions include: 1) washing the site with soap and water and applying an antibiotic ointment; 2) using ice to reduce the swelling; 3) possibly taking an antihistamine, such as Benadryl, to help with itching; 4) possibly taking ibuprofen or acetaminophen for pain.

Note: I'm not a doctor, so keep that in mind! I would try these things first, and if they don't seem to help, then see a doctor.

Take care of yourself!

The fastest fix I have seen was with tobacco. We were at a friend's house and one of my girls (age 6 at the time) was stung, another guest took a fresh cigarette dipped it in water and put it on the sting. Pain and swelling went away immediately.

I thought it was a neat trick but since we don't smoke I was never able to try it again. This might help if you know a smoker.

I can't take Benadryl-it really knocks me out and dries me out. It's been over 24 hours since the sting, so I'm not sure about the b. soda but I will try it. I think I'll try all of them to make sure (except the tobacco-sounds neat but we don't have any!) First I'll try b. soda, then ice, then Neosporin topically and Tylenol internally! That should do it! :lol:

ETA: Oh, now I just saw the meat tenderizer! Thanks!

How to Heal a Bee Sting Using Natural Treatments

http://www.grannymed.com/meds/bee-sting.aspx

• 1. Apply honey immediately after being stung by a bee
  • 2. Cut a tomato in half; apply the inner side on the sting for a few minutes
  • 3. Put vinegar on the sting
  • 4. Mix 3 teaspoons of baking soda to some water until it gets creamy. Then smear on the sting until pain is gone.
  • 5. Put ice on the sting.
  • 6. Apply Aloe Vera on the sting, can also add some lavender.
  • 7. Apply mud on the sting. Smear egg yolk on the sting to relief the pain and make the sting disappear.
  • 8. Apply backing soda on the sting.

I've tried everything, including the vinegar! Nothing is working and it's more swollen than ever. This has never happened to me with a sting! Now my eye is swollen up pretty bad too. The bridge of my nose is HUGE and I look like I have a big knob on my forehead. I finally just took the Benadryl, so I'm praying that will help. It's kind of embarrassing because we've only been at our church about 6 months and this is my first time helping out in this capacity. Oh, well, the Lord won't mind me serving Him looking like the Elephant Man!

ok, I'm sorry, but I read your subject line as BEESTing, and I was wondering what the heck is a beasting?

and how do you end up w/ one on your forehead???

:lol:

i hope it is reduced significantly by the time you want it to be, and am hoping you're not in tears over too much pain. :)